Location: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Membership in USA Swimming and successful completion of all required certifications
- Plan and schedule all MAVS programs; develop curriculum, schedule and staffing plan for all routine practice sessions
- Attend in coach capacity and manage all staff during all practice sessions
- Participate in staff recruitment and evaluation activities
- Evaluate programs seasonally and report back to the MAVS Board with recommendations on new or expanding business ideas
- Make recommendations on training (seminars, conventions, workshops, and other extended learning opportunities) for MAVS coaches and lifeguards
- Complete an accurate and timely monthly timesheet
- Attend all swim meets in which MAVS swimmers are participating in
- Communicate with MAVS Board, parents, and swimmers in a courteous and timely manner during on deck hours when appropriate, by phone, and/or
- Report planned and unplanned absences to the MAVS Board and coaching staff andensure that proper coaching coverage is provided for all practices and/or swim meets
- Submit a schedule for meets and other scheduled activities to MAVS Board on a quarterly basis?
- Ensure that accurate daily attendance records for all MAVS groups are maintained
- Supervise swimmers in accordance with Board guidelines regarding travel procedures and Code of Conduct, as outlined in the “Mavericks Swim Association” (MAV) Handbook
- Manage communication; web site, meet information and team records
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inspiration – Motivates and develops self-motivation among swimmers of all abilities; Challenges and supports athletes to maximize their personal and team-oriented potential; Creates a physically and emotionally inclusive culture among and between staff and swimmers.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills. Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; made by Board of Directors
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity Completes work in timely manner.
- Minimum of 5 years coaching experience as head or assistant coach
- ASCA Level 2 Certification or higher
- Member of ASCA and USA Swimming
- Competitive swimming experience required
- Experience with swim meet and team management software: Team Unify
- Current CPR for the professional Rescuer, AED and First Aid certifications
- Current Oxygen Administration certification
- Current Lifeguard certification
- Current WSI or YSI
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification
How to Apply
Submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]