Applications due 03/24/18
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: (but are not limited to)
- Provide a friendly, inviting, and competitive experience in an environment that will enhance the quality of life, physical and emotional well-being for individuals, families and employees through the swim team experience.
- Teach proper stroke fundamentals to team members while examining individual fitness needs and goals.
- Train and help educate the coaching assistants for swim team practice.
- Design/organize swim team practice schedules and additional swim team functions.
- Attend all swim meets and provide positive, constructive communication with team members and parents.
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic and have a motivational personality that enjoys working with children and adults of all ages.
- Will handle daily swim team functions, monthly billing, swim meet scheduling, workouts, organization of swim meets, parent volunteers as assigned by aquatics manager.
- Will conduct other duties as assigned by aquatics manager.
- Reports to FNW Aquatics Manager
Qualifications to be determined by the Manager:
- 1) Degree or equivalent experience in PE, Fitness, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, coaching children, youth or adult swimmers.
- 2) Knowledge and ability to demonstrate all swimming strokes (Fly, Back, Breast, Free)
- 1) ASCA II certification or ability to achieve certification within 30 days of hire.
- 2) USA Swim Coach qualified or ability to obtain USA Swim Coach Qualification (including all USA requirements within 30 days of hire.
- 3) CPR
- 4) Competitive swimming experience preferred
- 5) Lifeguard Certification
New Hires will have 60 days to acquire the required Basic Life Support (CPR, ACLS, PALS, BLS, and/or any other life support certifications required for the job).
OSHA TASK CATEGORY THREE:
- There is no anticipated risk of exposure to mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, or tissues, or a potential for spills or splashed during the performance of the job.
- Universal precautions must be observed and protective devices worn by the employee when performing a task that is likely to cause exposure.
Employment standards include current requirements as determined by Federal, State, and Wise Health System policy.
- Non-Exempt Hourly
How to Apply