Location: 3200 California St, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
The Head Swim Coach is the leader of this experience and thereby responsible for planning and leading all activities involved in the operations of the JCCSF Swim team, including teaching the swimmers stroke development through guided workouts and preparing participants for competitive swim meets. The Coach is expected to attend all swim meets and team functions throughout the year, manage the team data base for all athletes and is also responsible for creating and maintaining a clean and safe environment for the swim team participants.
- Create thorough, age -appropriate workouts focusing on technique, endurance, stroke development, drills, etc.
- Create a seasonal training plan emphasizing goal completion, endurance and time improvement.
- Record all work outs and track daily attendance.
- Maintain a consistent presence at all swim team events such as meets, social events, meetings, etc.
- Maintain consistent communication with program participants and staff regarding program information, philosophies and goals. Update families periodically to keep them connected and involved.
- Engage parents and cultivate relationships to create a collaborative swim team environment.
- Assist in coordinating and executing swim team competitions and meet registrations. Record times at swim meets.
- Work along side Swim Team Coordinator in managing all JCCSF Swim Team registration systems and processes.
- Take lead in swim team social event planning.
- Coordinate with other coaches on specific areas of expertise.
- Take active role with program promotion.
- Lead and mentor assistant coaches.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment for swim team participants.
- Be committed to the mission and goals of the JCCSF.
- Additional duties as required.
- 2+ years swim instructor/coaching experience preferred.
- 4+ years experience as a competitive swimmer.
- Must have current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Enthusiastic, dynamic presence with good communication skills
How to Apply
3200 California St