Hydro 4 Swimming has an immediate and very unique opportunity for a positive, experienced, enthusiastic head coach to start and develop a new year-long competitive swim team.
Hydro 4 Swimming is a non-profit, board-governed, coach/executive director charged swim team located in Volusia County, Florida, and operating out of the Ormond Beach and Port Orange YMCA.
We believe in focusing on the positive and building team camaraderie. The coach will work with our parents to create a unified team to help each athlete attain their goals in swimming. We are looking for someone who is passionate about swimming and excited to serve as a mentor, educator and role model. The current group of swimmers include a large number of Florida Age Group and Senior qualifiers/competitors with a goal to increase that number in the near future.
Position begins immediately and will remain open until filled.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the program by planning and conducting swim practices
- Attend scheduled meets and help run all hosted meets
- Conduct 40 hours of on deck and administrative work per week
- Develop, and mentor part-time/age-group coaches
- Maintain daytime office hours. Respond to all emails and phone calls within 24 hours
- Establish and maintain relationships and open communication with swimmers and parents
- Participate in team projects, planning and programs, and supporting team activities
The ideal candidate has:
- 1-2+ years’ experience coaching a competitive swim team
- An impeccable understanding of swim stroke mechanics
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) and personal experience in competitive swimming
- Track record of swimmer retention & recruitment
- Ability and desire to work with parents as a part of swimmer development
- Track record of swimmer development at the State Championship level
- Intimate working knowledge with Team Unify & Meet Manager
- Experience organizing & hosting successful swim meets
- Experience developing & maintaining a team’s social media presence
- Must pass a background check from USA Swimming and have completed the USA Swimming head coaching requirements (required)
- Current CPR/Safety Training certification
- Working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek systems as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred).
As a start-up team, there are several opportunities to advance salary. Incentives including size of swim team membership, ASCA certification level and team performance.
How to Apply
Please Email resume to Corey McMeeking at: [email protected]