Location: La Jolla, San Diego, CA, USA
*****THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED*****
The Dan McKinney YMCA is in search of an upbeat, enthusiastic self-starter for their Aquatics Director position. The newly renovated Dan McKinney YMCA is a state of the-art-facility that overlooks the Jewel of La Jolla and the Pacific Ocean. The Aquatic Center consists of a recreational pool, lap pool, spa and splash pad and is a beacon in the community.
The Aquatics Director oversees and provides leadership to the Aquatics Program. The Aquatics Director is responsible for the development, administration, implementation and ongoing evaluation of all related programs. Individuals selected for this position will receive the benefit of a free family membership and have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What an Aquatics Director Does…
- Develops and implements a comprehensive Aquatics program for the YMCA.
- Manages all functions of the Aquatics Department including, but not limited to, aquatic safety, swim lessons, lifeguarding, and swim team and specialty classes
- Assesses program success and assists in the development and implementation of new programs
- Performs audits of pool systems and equipment to include, ensuring water quality meets state codes and local regulations, managing pool maintenance by ensuring aquatic staff monitor and maintain the proper chemical balance.
- Is responsible for the development, control, and monitoring of Aquatics Department budgets, and ensures all budgets meet year-end outcomes.
- Plans, conducts, and documents monthly staff meetings, focusing on safety, review of established policies and procedures, and customer service
- Serves as the Manager-on-duty when necessary, and assists in the maintenance of clean, attractive, safe, and well-maintained facilities.
What We Look for in an Aquatics Director…
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 21 year of age with at least three years aquatic supervisory experience required.
- Must have or be able to obtain Certified Pool Operation (CPO) certification within 60 days of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational abilities; self-starter with initiative to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Must have current certifications in First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (Title 22), CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, Oxygen Administration. Current Lifeguard Certification (YMCA of the USA or Red Cross). Current YMCA of the USA Swim Lesson Instructor Certification or Red Cross Water Safety instructor (YMCA certification within 6 months)
- Must have the visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation; ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures; the physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills.
- Proven supervisory skills in hiring, training, evaluating, and motivating staff and volunteers, as well as developing an effective staff team.
- Professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well with the public, staff and volunteers.
- Proven fiscal management skills, knowledge of and expertise in aquatics programming.
How to Apply
Submit your resume to Jason Milosh @ [email protected]