Assistant Coach position with the Foothills Swim Team in Lakewood, Colorado
Foothills Swim Team is actively seeking a highly motivated and committed coach to fill the role of Assistant Helper Coach to begin in September 2017. Foothills Swim Team is a year-round competitive swimming program offering instruction, training, and competition for young people ages 5 and up. We have over 180 USA registered swimmers and practice at three locations: Carmody Recreation center (50 meters by 25 yards), Lilley Gulch recreation center (6-lane 25 Meter), and Ridge Recreation Center (10-lane 25 yards).
- Minimum 1 + years prior coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach.
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Level 1 or higher
- Must be current on all USA Swimming Coach Membership requirements.
- In good standing with all USA Swimming required safety and background check requirements.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support the Head Coach in the implementation of team direction and goals with the age group swimmers and training groups.
- Support the age-appropriate swim programs for the swimmers within your assigned training group as defined by the head coach.
- Support the development of each swimmer within the FST membership so that they achieve to their highest potential.
- Support the meet schedules as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Attend all team functions by directive of the Head Coach.
- The ability to work with the entire coaching staff to build a uniform system.
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and a “desire to excel” professionally.
Specific Group Responsibilities:
- Assist and coach any specific groups assigned.
- Help implement the seasonal plan with connection to the teams overall goals and direction.
- Assist when needed with FST’s strength conditioning trainer to better the development of all swimmers.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly pay commensurate with experience
- Full Mileage reimbursements
- Full Meal reimbursements
How to Apply
Contact Head Coach Bill Rose at: [email protected] Please include a brief statement of coaching experience.