Applications due 02/02/22
Date posted: January 18, 2022
Location: 810 E Main St, Waynesboro, PA, USA
Under the supervision of the Senior Program Director, the Aquatics Director is responsible for creating, implementing, scheduling, and staffing aquatic & team programs. Including all lifeguard scheduling, aquatic fitness programs and swim programs and classes. Head coaching duties include developing training plans, leading practices, organizing/ attending swim meets, onboarding/ overseeing coaching staff and program sustainability are also the direct responsibility of the Aquatics Director. He/She is responsible for budget, programs, and other duties as deemed appropriate and or necessary. Must develop, organize, and implement high quality, member-focused Aquatics Department. He/She will model, practice and carry out the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspects of the position. This position will directly supervise part time staff including an assistant aquatics coordinator as well as swim lesson coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- One to two years related administrative experience preferred
- Competitive coaching experience required. ASCA certification preferred.
- Minimum age requirement of 21.
- Typical requirements within 30-90 days of hire include completion of: Child Abuse Prevention Training; CPR; First Aid; AED; LGI Certification and PA Pesticides License.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Have knowledge of proper swimming skills and be able to communicate these clearly to swimmers.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
- Creates and schedules for swim classes, water fitness classes, swim team practices and meets.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Ensures first aid equipment and supplies are stocked and up to date.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Liaise with Board Of Director Committee and Swim Team Parents Association
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License & Clean Driving Record
- Complete CPR/AED, First Aid, and Lifeguard Certification
- CPO training/ PA Pesticide license
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Amanda Gietka, Executive Director at [email protected]
810 East Main St
Waynesboro, PA 17628