Applications due 01/17/17
Under the Direction of the Senior Program Director, the Aquatics Director leads the administration of the policies, procedures and programs of the branch relating to Aquatics. This position also leads all aquatics personnel and is ultimately responsible for swimming pools and aquatic safety as well as pool maintenance and upkeep. The aquatics director has staff supervision, budget accountability, fundraising accountability, member involvement accountability and program development, delivery and evaluation responsibility. Key ingredients for a successful department include programs and services that are values centered and mission driven in an environment that is centered on member service.
• Manages and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
• Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
• Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
• Responsible for the supervision and scheduling for the effective use of the aquatic facilities, providing assistance with assigned areas.
• Participate on the Association’s Aquatic Task Team and incorporates best practices in the branch.
• Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
• Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
• Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
• Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices
• Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
• Participate in and provide leadership for the Community Outreach Campaign within assigned areas of responsibility.
• Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
• Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
• Manager On Duty (MOD) as assigned.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES: Team Leader Competencies
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement or team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in physical education /recreation/sports management or five years of applicable experience.
• Must possess a minimum of one year of experience working in an Aquatics supervisory position.
• Minimum age of 21 years.
• Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: YMCA Lifeguard Instructor, YMCA Pool Operator or NC State Certified Pool Operator, Child Abuse Prevention Training and New-Hire Orientation.
• Must have current CPR-PR or BLS, First Aid, AED, Blood Bourne Pathogen, or able to obtain within 30 days of employment.
• Excellent conflict resolution and problem-solving skills required. Proven ability to coach staff in these areas preferred.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem solve and possess effective time management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively and relate to a diverse group of individuals.
• Must possess a working knowledge of safe and proper techniques for all equipment/chemicals used in the pool area.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint
1. Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
2. Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
3. Must be able to lift and/or assist children up to 50 pounds in weight.
4. Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
5. Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
6. Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, walking, pushing, pulling.
7. Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
8. Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
How to Apply
Our website: https://wfa.kronostm.com/index.jsp?locale=en_US&applicationName=YMCAofGreaterCharlotteKTMDReqExt&SEQ=jobDetails&POSTING_ID=74776585692
phone: 704 716 6208