2021 U.S. OLYMPIC SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wave I Dates: June 4-7, 2021
- Wave II Dates: June 13-20, 2021
- Prelims: 10am CDT | Finals: 7pm CDT
- Where: CHI Health Center / Omaha, Nebraska
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Cuts
- Wave I & II Event Order
- LCM (50m)
- Day 5 Finals Live Stream
- Psych Sheets
- Wave II Live Results
- Day 5 Finals Heat Sheet
Reported by James Sutherland.
MEN’S 100 FREE FINAL
- World Record: 46.91 — Cesar Cielo (BRA), 2009
- American Record: 46.96 — Caeleb Dressel, 2019
U.S. Open Record: 47.39 — Ryan Held (USA), 2019
- World Junior Record: 47.57 — Andrei Minakov (RUS), 2020
- 2016 Olympic Champion: Kyle Chalmers (AUS) — 47.58
- 2016 U.S. Olympic Trials Champion: Nathan Adrian — 47.72
- Wave I Cut: 50.49
- Wave II Cut: 49.74
- FINA ‘A’ Cut: 48.57
- Caeleb Dressel (GSC), 47.39 =US
- Zach Apple (MVN), 47.72
- Blake Pieroni (SAND), 48.16
- Brooks Curry (LSU), 48.19
- Bowe Becker (SAND), 48.22
- Ryan Held (NYAC), 48.46
Caeleb Dressel officially books his ticket to the Olympic Games after slamming down a big victory in the men’s 100 freestyle, finishing in a time of 47.39 to tie the U.S. Open Record set by Ryan Held in 2019.
Dressel, who now ranks second in the world this season, trailing only Russia’s Kliment Kolesnikov (47.31), took it out first at the 50 in 22.46, with Brooks Curry (22.56) and Held (22.66) hot on his heels.
Down the second 50 it was Zach Apple who out-split everyone, closing in 24.70 to overtake everyone but Dressel, taking the second individual spot in a time of 47.72. Apple locks in his Olympic spot after finishing in position to make the 800 free relay earlier. He narrowly missed his best of 47.69 from 2019.