2017 WOMEN’S PAC-12 CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, February 22 – Saturday, February 25
- Federal Way, WA (Pacific Time Zone)
- Defending Champion: USC (results)
- Live Results (also on Meet Mobile)
- Live Video
- Pac-12 Record Book
- Championship Central
Stanford’s Simone Manuel busted out a new Meet Record on night 2 of the 2017 Pac-12 Women’s Swimming and Diving Championships. Manuel came out on top of a star-studded 50 free field, throwing down a 21.29 to keep the Cardinal winning streak alive. With that, she took 3 hundredths off her previous best 21.32 from 2015 NCAAs and clipped Farida Osman‘s former Meet Record of 21.32 from last season. She was also within a tenth of Olivia Smoliga’s NCAA Record of 21.21 from last year’s NCAA Championship meet.
Manuel now breaks her tie with Osman as the 4th fastest performer of all time in the event. Her time marked the 5th fastest performance of all time.
All-Time Top Performers: Women’s 50 Free
- Abbey Weitzeil– 21.12
- Olivia Smoliga– 21.21
- Lara Jackson– 21.27
- Simone Manuel– 21.29
- Farida Osman– 21.32
All-Time Top Performances: Women’s 50 Free
- Abbey Weitzeil (2016)- 21.12
- Olivia Smoliga (2016)- 21.21
- Lara Jackson (2009)- 21.27
- Abbey Weitzeil (2016)- 21.28
- Simone Manuel (2017)- 21.29
Cal’s Osman, the defending champion, wound up 2nd in 21.49. Her freshman teammate Abbey Weitzeil, the American Record holder, was a hundredth back to take bronze in 21.50. Weitzeil’s American Record still stands at 21.12.