2021 U.S. OLYMPIC SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wave I Dates: June 4-7, 2021
- Wave II Dates: June 13-20, 2021
- Prelims: 10am CDT | Finals: 7pm CDT
- Where: CHI Health Center / Omaha, Nebraska
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Cuts
- Wave I & II Event Order
- LCM (50m)
- Day 5 Finals Live Stream
- Psych Sheets
- Wave II Live Results
- Day 5 Finals Heat Sheet
Reported by James Sutherland.
MEN’S 200 BREAST FINAL
- World Record: Anton Chupkov (RUS) – 2:06.12 (2019)
- American Record: Josh Prenot – 2:07.17 (2016)
- US Open Record: Josh Prenot (USA) – 2:07.17 (2016)
- World Junior Record: Qin Haiyan (CHN) – 2:07.35 (2017)
- 2016 Olympic Champion: Dmitriy Balandin (KAZ) – 2:07.46
- 2016 US Olympic Trials Champion: Josh Prenot – 2:07.17
- Wave I Cut: 2:17.89
- Wave II Cut: 2:15.28
- FINA ‘A’ Cut: 2:10.35
Any potential drama in the men’s 200 breaststroke was put to a stop by the finishing flourish of Nic Fink, as the University of Georgia alum turned a tight four-way battle with 50 meters to go into a dominant victory in a time of 2:07.55.
Fink, who dealt with a wrist injury towards the end of 2020, split about a perfect a race as you could do in the 200 breast, out in 28.9 before 32.5/33.0 on the middle 100 and then a 32.98 coming home, demolishing his previous best time of 2:08.16 to become the fourth-fastest American of all-time.
This is also the first Olympic berth for the 27-year-old, who was a close third in the 100 breast on Monday night.