2021 U.S. OLYMPIC SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wave I Dates: June 4-7, 2021
- Wave II Dates: June 13-20, 2021
- Prelims: 10am CDT | Finals: 7pm CDT
- Where: CHI Health Center / Omaha, Nebraska
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Cuts
- Wave I & II Event Order
- LCM (50m)
- Day 5 Finals Live Stream
- Psych Sheets
- Wave II Live Results
- Day 5 Finals Heat Sheet
Reported by James Sutherland.
WOMEN’S 100 FREE SEMI-FINALS
- World Record: Sarah Sjostrom (SWE) – 51.71 (2017)
- American Record: Simone Manuel – 52.04 (2019)
- US Open Record: Simone Manuel (USA) – 52.54 (2018)
- World Junior Record: Penny Oleksiak (CAN) – 52.70 (2016)
- 2016 Olympic Champion: Simone Manuel (USA) / Penny Oleksiak (CAN) – 52.70
- 2016 US Olympic Trials Champion: Abbey Weitzeil – 53.28
- Wave I Cut: 56.29
- Wave II Cut: 55.56
- FINA ‘A’ Cut: 54.38
- Olivia Smoliga (ABSC) / Natalie Hinds (ABSC), 53.55
- Abbey Weitzeil (CAL), 53.66
- Catie Deloof (CA-Y), 53.77
- Linnea Mack (TE), 54.03
- Allison Schmitt (SUN), 54.08
- Kate Douglass (UVA), 54.14
- Erika Brown (TNAQ), 54.15
It was good vibes all around for the Georgia swimmers following Fink and Wilson’s 1-2 finish in the 200 breast, as good friends Olivia Smoliga and Natalie Hinds kept the good times rolling but tying for the victory in the first semi of the women’s 100 freestyle, both hitting a PB of 53.55.
Smoliga is coming off a third-place finish in the 100 back, still looking to make her second Olympic team, while Hinds has positioned herself to potentially qualify for the first time tomorrow.
Smoliga’s best time, set in the heats, was a 54.00, while Hinds had previously been 54.29.