2017 MEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 22 – Saturday, March 25
- IUPUI Natatorium – Indianapolis, IN
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Texas (results)
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheet
- Live stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPN3
- Event Previews
- Live Results
In his final individual collegiate swim, Cal senior Ryan Murphy put together one of the fastest swims in history in the 200 back. Swimming in the final at the 2017 Men’s NCAA Championships, Murphy, the American Record holder, pulled off another sweep of the backstrokes with a 1:36.75. That was the 2nd fastest performance of all time. He’s now a 4-time NCAA champion in both backstroke races.
Murphy was locked in battle with Texas’ John Shebat, but popped off the final wall hard to pass him on the last 25. Shebat became the 3rd fastest performer ever with his 1:37.24 for 2nd, while USC’s Patrick Mulcare became the 5th fastest performer ever, clocking in at 1:37.80 to take 3rd.
Top 10 All-Time Performers: Men’s 200 Back
Top 10 All-Time Performances: Men’s 200 Back