2021 U.S. OLYMPIC SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wave I Dates: June 4-7, 2021
- Wave II Dates: June 13-20, 2021
- Prelims: 10am CDT | Finals: 7pm CDT
- Where: CHI Health Center / Omaha, Nebraska
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Cuts
- Wave I & II Event Order
- LCM (50m)
- Day 2 Finals Live Stream
- Psych Sheets
- Wave II Live Results
- Day 2 Finals Heat Sheet
Reported by James Sutherland.
MEN’S 100 BREAST FINAL
- World Record: Adam Peaty (GBR) – 56.88 (2019)
- American Record: Michael Andrew – 58.14 (2021)
- US Open Record: Michael Andrew (USA) – 58.14 (2021)
- World Junior Record: Nicolo Martinenghi (ITA) – 59.01 (2017)
- 2016 Olympic Champion: Adam Peaty (GBR) – 57.13
- 2016 US Olympic Trials Champion: Kevin Cordes – 59.18
- Wave I Cut: 1:03.29
- Wave II Cut: 1:01.97
- FINA ‘A’ Cut: 59.93
Michael Andrew got it done.
It wasn’t nearly as fast as the prelims or semis, and boy did it get close at the end, but Andrew is officially an Olympian after edging out Andrew Wilson and Nic Fink to win the men’s 100 breaststroke in a time of 58.73.
Andrew, who lowered the American Record twice on Sunday, bringing the mark all the way down to 58.14 in the semi-finals, was out just a tad slower than last night at the 50 in 26.90, but began tightening up coming down the stretch as Wilson and Fink smelled blood.
In a crazy three-way finish that came down to seven one-hundredths of a second, Andrew (58.73) out-touched Wilson (58.74) and Fink (58.80) to make his first Olympic team.