The organizers behind the city of Los Angeles’ bid for the 2024 Olympic Games has provided information on what is describes as its ‘Games Concept’.
“Our Games concept is based on adapting the Olympic and Paralympic Games to fit our city’s world-class stadiums, arenas and campuses”, reads the newly launched la24.org site. LA 2024 is prepared to design a venue plan to maximize its existing world-class facilities, as well as civic and open spaces that are already a part of Los Angeles, the United States’ second-biggest city by population.
The proposed plan features:
- Five venue clusters, all within the footprint of the city and containing 94% of all sports
- World-class venues – 85% of which are either existing or planned regardless of the bid
- Numerous opportunities for fans to view non-ticketed events across the city
- All clusters within a 30 minute drive of the Olympic Village – over 50% of the all sports will be within 15 minutes or less of the Olympic Village
- An Olympic Village located in the heart of the city near Downtown Los Angeles, with unprecedented access to the city’s numerous world-class attractions
Below are two maps detailing out the proposed venues and locations for both the Olympic and Paralympic Games.