2019 USA SWIMMING JUNIOR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Tuesday, August 6 – Saturday, August 10, 2019
- Stanford Avery Aquatic Center, Palo Alto, CA
- Prelims 9 AM / Finals 5 PM (U.S. Pacific Time)
- LCM format
- Psych sheet
- Live stream (all sessions)
- Start Lists & Live Results
A few of the top names entered in both Junior and Senior Nationals have scratched the former on day 1 prelims: Anna Keating, Noah Brune, Noah Henderson and Jason Louser, among others.
Each of those four had a top-5 seed on day 1 prelims. Keating and Brune were both third seeds. Keating will drop the 100 breast – that comes after the Machine Aquatics 16-year-old placed 25th at senior nationals in that race last week. Brune cuts out of the 200 fly, where he finished 60th at senior nationals, as well as the 1500 free, where he was 18th among the seniors.
Henderson was the fourth seed in the 200 fly, but has scratched. He finished 27th at senior Nationals in that race. And Louser dropped a pair of entries today: the 200 fly (29th at Nationals) and 100 breast (29th at Nationals).
Zephy Koh was another senior national swimmer who scratched her 200 fly today.
Day 1 prelims heat sheets
All scratches from circle-seeded heats:
- Girls 200 fly: #12 seed Zephy Koh
- Boys 200 fly: #4 seed Noah Henderson
- Boys 200 fly: #7 seed Jason Louser
- Boys 200 fly: #10 seed Noah Brune
- Boys 200 fly: #17 seed Justin Hussong
- Girls 100 breast: #3 seed Anna Keating
- Boys 100 breast: #5 seed Jason Louser
- Boys 100 breast: #18 seed Scooter Iida
- Boys 1500 free: #3 seed Noah Brune