Applications due 07/04/16
The University of the Pacific men’s and women’s teams compete in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation. The program has a proud Olympic tradition (Brad Schumacher gold medals 96’) to go along with a few NCAA D I top 15 finishes. The team boasts 7 Olympic Trial qualifiers, the MPSF Freshman of the year and back to back NCAA appearances on the women’s side. The team is coming off conference championship meet that included 10 school records and 20 NCAA B Cuts. A few highlights include; W 100 Fly – 52.5 (SO), 54.0 (FR), M 200 Free – 1:35.7 (SO), M 100 Breast – 52.9 (FR) and men’s relay records of 1:26.8 and 3:12.7 medleys and 1:18.9, 2:55.1, 6:28.5 freestyles.
Pacific Swimming is looking for a full-time assistant coach who…
1. Develops a fundamental knowledge and maintains compliance of rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics while working within the department’s rules, regulations, and policies.
2. Participates in the effective recruiting, instruction and coaching of student-athletes, emphasizing fundamentals, conditioning, game preparation and strategy.
3. Supports an environment that emphasizes academics as a priority, making every effort to ensure that all student-athletes meet academic requirements, while working to integrate sports into the academic life of the University.
4. Supports discipline in the program, promotes fairness, understanding and protectiveness of student-athletes while motivating them.
5. Helps to create an environment of cooperation and continuous improvement, maintaining positive communications supporting the athletic program, the University and University staff.
6. Participates in marketing and promotional activities with media, alumni and civic groups consistent with the objectives of the athletic program.
7. Assists with recruiting evaluations, official visits and any travel-related activities of prospective student-athletes.
The position is full time and the pay is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Email résumé to Head Coach Peter Richardson – [email protected]