with Swimming Queensland
****This position has been filled. They are no longer accepting submissions.
Swimming Queensland (SQ) is calling for expressions of interest from leading swimming coaches in the position of Mentor Coach at SQ.
Key functions of the Mentor Coach position are
• Contribute to the vision and strategies that will ensure Queensland continues at the forefront of swimming in Australia.
• Mentor, support and advise targeted Queensland coaches.
• Foster a productive working relationship with all stakeholders to maximise the opportunities for the development of coaches throughout Queensland.
• Assist with the formulation and monitoring of operating budgets for coach development.
• Disseminate information to coaches through workshops, website updates and Association publications.
About Swimming Queensland
Swimming Queensland is the governing body for the sport of swimming in Queensland, Australia. Its 15,000 swimming members are serviced by 280 swimming clubs located across the State. Founded in 1898, SQ has a long and proud history of excellence, innovation and extraordinary success in swimming competition.
with North Coast Aquatics
North Coast Aquatics is advertising for a lead 10/U age group coaching position at our newly opened Alga Norte Aquatics Center in Carlsbad, Calif. This position will start Sept 1, 2014. North Coast Aquatics is a 700+member coach-owned Silver and Gold Medal Club that will grow to be a 800-900 member club in the next year. This lead coach will direct over 240 10/under swimmers and oversee 3-4 coaches in this position.
*Competitive swimming experience at the Club level and at least 3 year in a leadership coaching position with 14/U swimmers.
*Desires to pursue a professional career in coaching and has a passion for developing swimmers of all ages and abilities.
*Has a great background in teaching stroke mechanics and embraces a sound developmental philosophy that is in line with the North Coast Mission Statement and Values.
*Has strong communication skills with swimmers, parents and coaches and is team first driven coach.
*Has strong administrative skills off the deck as this position will involve every aspect of the 10/U program. This coach will write all 10/U workouts, plan the 10/U meet schedule both local and regional, and will supervise at least 3-4 assistant coaches.
*Be certified in CPR, First Aid, CST and be able to pass the USA Swimming coaches background check.
*A college degree and ASCA Level 2-3 is preferred but not required.
A very competitive salary and generous benefits package based on qualifications.
About North Coast Aquatics
North Coast Aquatics (NCA) has achieved Gold and Silver Medal Status and has a rich 30 year tradition of developing swimmers to the national and international level. NCA is a coach-owned program that promotes a great working relationship within our coaching staff and with our parents. NCA also directs a very robust non-profit Boosters Club that directly subsidizes swimmer travel as generous as many of the top performing clubs in the US. NCA also supports generous coaches education and travel.
Roger Williams University seeks volunteer assistant swimming coach.
Under the direct supervision of the Head Coach assisting in the coordination of an intercollegiate athletic program, must have an understanding of technical knowledge of the sport of Swimming with the ability to help develop the student-athlete to their full potential, as well as ensure each student-athlete is given the best experience possible.
Duties may include, but are not limited to: the recruitment of student-athletes. Ensure compliance with NCAA guidelines for contacting prospects. Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters, when appropriate.
Work with the head coach in scheduling and conducting regular practice sessions. Develop and implement strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team. Assist with approved fund raising activities. Enforce policies and procedures outlined in student-athlete handbook, team rules and apply appropriate disciplinary action.
Additional duties as assigned by head coach and any senior level administrator.
Must perform above duties with the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior and in accordance with University, Departmental, CCC or other affiliated Conference and NCAA regulations, policies and procedures.
• Attend all morning workouts & afternoon when necessary
• Attend all Home Competitions & away when available
• Assist with Hawks Swim School organization & facilitation
• Coach Assigned Primary Group
• Attend NEISDA Championships Feb. 12 – 15
Ideal applicant will have experience as a competitive swimmer and as a competitive swimming coach at the club, high school, or college level, as well as a desire to learn and grow as a coach. This is an unpaid position but there are other opportunities for outside the athletic department that are not associated with this position.
Roger Williams University, commonly abbreviated as RWU, is a private, coeducational American liberal arts university located on 140 acres in Bristol, Rhode Island, above Mt. Hope Bay
with All American Swim
This position has been filled.
All American Swim has an opening for a full-time Business Unit Manager. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of store operations including sales, staff, stock and overall team business for the area.
***Applicant must be willing to relocate to the Memphis, TN for this position.
Areas of responsibility include:
Recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
Promoting and marketing the business
Dealing with customer queries and complaints
Overseeing pricing and inventory control
Maximizing profitability and meeting sales targets
Desired Skills and Experience
Basic computer skills which include but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to use a company provided e-mail
Exceptional organizational, time management skills and attention to detail
Ability to be able to handle multiply accounts in a timely matter and maintain relationships in a competitive industry
Proficiency in inventory software, databases and systems
Able to work with several materials such as polyester, nylon or other such materials
Able to create a team environment and the ability to motivate others in a retail environment
Reliability/dependability — no attendance issues
Able to handle several tasks at a time and remain focused
Knowledge of the sport of swimming is preferred but not required
Able to travel to events on an as needed basis which will include nights or weekends
Education and Experience
– A degree in any discipline is acceptable for entry into this position
– Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Word and Excel required
– Exceptional multi-tasking skills and the ability to handle more than one customer at a time
– Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
– Swimming or sports related knowledge is preferred.
This position will require you to work in a fast pace environment and be able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
Driving retail and team sales to maximize profits and market share and a team leader than can maximize your employees potential.
Able to travel to events on an as needed basis.
with Asphalt Green
Asphalt Green Unified Aquatics (AGUA) is a nationally competitive swim team of 250+ athletes with a rich 18 year history in United States swimming a multi-year Silver Medal Club and a 2013 Gold Medal Club, located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side with a satellite program in Battery Park City (see www.asphaltgreen.org and www.aguaswim.com). The team is focused on excellence, with a robust scholarship program, and a facility that includes a 50-meter training facility, state-of-the-art fitness center, and strong institutional support.
We are seeking an experienced and energized coach to work with both our age group program and assist our head coach with the National Group. We are looking for a Coach who works well with others, is passionate about swimming and a career in coaching, with strong communication and customer service skills and who is dedicated to developing each athlete into successful swimmer.
• Lead, create and implement 4 age group workouts per week
• Assist in 4 national group workouts per week
• Handle assigned administrative matters relating to the team, swim meet arrangements and team performance as well as interaction with parents
• Work in conjunction with the Asphalt Green Aquatics staff and other coaches on issues that concern the club as a whole
• Participate in weekend swim meets as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• ASCA Level 2 or above required
• 4+ years of coaching experience
• Knowledge of current technical and training philosophies
• Working knowledge of Team Unify and Team Manager
Salary commensurate with experience. Full time position includes excellent benefits, free access to our facility so no need for a health club membership.
Asphalt Green is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to assisting individuals of all ages and backgrounds achieve health through a lifetime of sports and fitness.
UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA LAS VEGAS, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is accepting applications for position of Assistant Coach, Men’s & Women’s Swimming.
1) on-deck coaching, 2) recruiting: daily phone calls, talent identification, correspondence, etc., 3) administrative duties as assigned, 4) assisting with dryland/weight program.
Applicants must have bachelors degree, successful elite level coaching experience, ability to sell program, and strong organizational skills.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a letter of interest, a resume listing qualifications and experience, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references to Jim Reitz: [email protected] Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
About UNLV Swimming and Diving
We are an NCAA division I coed swimming and diving team. Men finished 19th at the 2014 National Championships. Both teams earned academic All American honors (women 5th at 3.59).
Great Hills Aquatic Rush is located in North Austin, Texas and is looking for a part time Assistant Swim Coach.
1. Running age group practices
2. Coaching developmental groups
3. Organizing lessons, clinics and camps
4. Maintaining website design
Compensation will be based on experience level.
About Great Hills Aquatic RUSH
Great Hills Aquatic RUSH is a competitive year- round swim team that balances water endurance strengthening with intensive stroke training as well as a dry-land physical fitness program.
Located at Great Hills Country Club, RUSHs well-rounded program ensures each athlete will have individually oriented training goals, including continuous time-based improvement targets. As a result, athletes improve endurance, technique, and self-esteem.
RUSHs expert coaching staff is committed to empowering swimmers to be champions for a lifetime both in and out of the water.
Great Hills Aquatic Rush is a non-profit USA swim team out of Great Hills Country Club.
Assist head coach with direction of women’s swim program at San Diego State University through a variety of responsibilities that include but are not limited to coaching, recruiting, academic advising, counseling, and leadership development.
• Assist head coach with organizing and informing support staff (administrative, strength and conditioning, athletic training, equipment staff, etc.) of program’s needs and operations.
• Assist head coach with developing new ideas and philosophies within the program to keep up to date with current trends and developments within the collegiate and intercollegiate swimming landscape.
• Assist head coach by serving as liaison between student-athletes and support staff.
• Assist head coach, in coordination with Athletics Business Office, with purchase orders, travel expenses, expense reports, and any other responsibilities involving business affairs.
• Assist head coach, in coordination with Equipment staff, with selecting and submitting uniform and equipment requests for team and staff.
• Assist head coach, in coordination with Event Management staff, with organizing and fulfilling operations of home contests as well as practices and events.
• Assist head coach, in coordination with Strength and Conditioning staff, with organizing and implementing the needs of team’s weight room activities.
• Assist head coach, in coordination with Athletic Medicine staff, regarding injuries, rehabilitation, surgeries, and other medical concerns within the program.
• Assist head coach with all internal and external communication by answering and returning incoming phone calls, e-mails, and correspondence.
• Assist head coach with organizing, coordinating, and supervising community service projects, local clinics, and booster and alumni events.
• Assist head coach with fund raising activities, corporate and private sponsorship, as well as marketing of the program.
• Responsible for attending department meetings such as All-Staff and Compliance.
• Travel Coordinator: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, organizing and booking of flights, transportation, hotels, meals, per diem, practice times, recruiting trips, prospect visits, etc.
• For post-season competition, coordinate travel, housing, practices, meals, itineraries, and all team activities.
• Banquet Coordinator: Responsible for organization and implementation of annual end-of-the-season banquet. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, informing all possible participants, reserving facility, creating food menu, collecting monies, supervising creation of banquet program, creating highlight film, etc.
• Other duties as assigned by head coach.
• Recruiting Coordinator: Assist the head coach in all aspects of recruiting in effort to bring the best prospects to San Diego State University, thus creating a nationally competitive team that can win conference championships as well as participate in the post season with the goal of a National Championship(s).
• Assist head coach with annual and future recruiting strategies and needs, while offering assistance with scholarship allocation plan to execute strategy.
• Assist head coach with all recruiting documentation needs, such as official visits forms, transcript collection, GIA paperwork, etc. Responsible for all organization and implementation of recruiting trips and visits. Plan appropriate activities during official visits.
• Assist head coach with compilation of necessary file and technology system for efficient and organized manner of handling recruitment of prospects.
• Must possess a cooperative effort in working with all recruiting personnel.
• Must pass NCAA Division I Recruiting Exam to stay current and educated on NCAA rules and regulations.
• Responsible for assessment of prospective student-athletes, which includes evaluating documents, calling informed contacts of student-athlete, traveling to watch the prospects play, and watching recruiting videos.
• Initiate and maintain communication with prospective student-athletes in line with NCAA and conference regulations.
• Establish relationships with local programs, programs in Southern California, across the country, and with overseas contacts and recruiting organizations.
• Recruited student-athletes earn conference, regional, and/or national honors.
• Academic Coordinator: Assist in responsibility for the overall academic progress and academic success of the team.
• Cooperate with Academic Support Services Staff for course registration times, mentoring and tutoring programs, and study hall dissemination.
• Committed to proper citizenship of student-athletes.
• Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the monitoring of class attendance, study hall hours, student-athlete notebooks, homework assignments, and exams to ensure academic success.
• Prepare student-athletes physically, mentally, and emotionally to be able to compete at the national level, while aspiring toward Mountain West Conference Championships and post-season competition/championships.
• Assist head coach with organizing and administering appropriate training workouts for off-season, pre-season, competitive season (fall), post-season, and non-competitive season (spring) needs.
• Work with student-athletes in one-on-one training environments.
• Assist head coach in organizing, supervising, coordinating, and implementing past and current coaching techniques, strategies, and practices.
• Assist head coach with team preparation through scouting upcoming opponents and utilizing opponent film to organize and implement necessary game plans.
• Serve as video coordinator. Videotape all strokes, starts, and turns with each individual swimmer. Provide technical feedback throughout the season after individual video sessions. Monitor technical improvements through stroke-specific drills and dialogue with each swimmer.
• Work with student-athletes utilizing game footage.
LEADERSHIP, TEAM DEVELOPMENT, AND COMPLIANCE
• Assist head coach with the student-athlete’s education and execution of the program’s Code of Conduct.
• Deal with discipline problems in a professional manner.
• Follow NCAA, conference, and university rules and regulations; ensure student- athletes follow NCAA, conference, and university rules and regulations.
• Cooperate and work with the compliance staff.
• Attend educational seminars on compliance and academic affairs.
• Complete required forms in a timely manner.
• Actively involved in departmental compliance.
About San Diego State University
San Diego State University is the oldest and largest higher education institution in the San Diego region. Since its founding in 1897, SDSU has grown to offer bachelor’s degrees in 91 areas, master’s degrees in 78 areas and doctorates in 22 areas. SDSU’s approximately 35,000 students participate in an academic curriculum distinguished by direct contact with faculty and an increasing international emphasis that prepares them for a global future.
SDSU is a large, diverse, urban university and Hispanic-Serving Institution with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusive excellence. Our campus community is diverse in many ways, including in terms of race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, pregnancy, medical condition, and covered veteran status. We strive to build and sustain a welcoming environment for all.
SDSU is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of underrepresented groups.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
with Towson University
Towson University Department of Athletics invites applicants for the position of Volunteer Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach. We are seeking individuals with on-deck coaching duties, possible team travel, video database management and analysis, and additional duties as determined by the head coach.
• Must have the ability to coach student athletes in the sport of swimming.
• Experience coaching on the collegiate or club level and/or collegiate swimming experience preferred.
About Towson Swimming & Diving
Towson University is located 10 miles north of Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, in Baltimore Maryland. Towson is an NCAA Division I program and competes in the CAA (Colonial Athletic Association).
The Monocacy Aquatic Club is seeking a qualified candidate who can coach at all levels and who is willing to learn. Responsibilities for this position include: strong organizational and coaching skills, like: writing work-outs, setting goals, and developing long-range season plans. The candidate will also be involved with the day-to-day operation of the team. Superb organizational and administrative skills with attention to detail are a must. Candidate needs to have excellent communication skills to connect with the swimmers and parents alike. This position will offer a competent coach an opportunity for tremendous development and growth on the local and national level.
Ideal candidate should have superb organizational and administrative strengths including solid computer skills and preferably 2+ years of USA Swimming coaching experience (ASCA certification preferred). Most importantly we are looking for an individual who is passionate about coaching, has excellent communication skills, readily accepts responsibility, and is creative and willing to grow.
About Monocacy Aquatic Club
We are a parent-owned and operated team with over 180 members which has been in existence for over 30 years. MAC is located in Frederick, MD about 45 minutes from both Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD.The team has produced Junior National, Senior National and Olympic Trial level swimmers. The Maryland LSC is known as one of the top locations in the world for competitive swimming.
Monocacy Aquatic Club was awarded the Rising Club Award for MD Swimming in 2014!
Washington State University invites applicants for the position of Volunteer Assistant Women’s Swimming Coach. We are seeking a motivated, aspiring coach who will assist coaching a Division I swimming team in the Pac-12 Conference. Duties will include daily on-deck coaching, on campus recruiting, and additional duties as determined by the head coach.
Ideal applicant has experience as a competitive swimmer and as a competitive swimming coach at the club, high school, or collegiate level, as well as a desire to learn and grow as a coach.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position, but there will be time around practices to have an additional job for income outside the athletic department that is not associated with this position.
Washington State University (WSU) conducts transformational research and provides world-class education to more than 26,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Founded in 1890 in Pullman, it is Washington’s original land-grant university, with a mission of improving quality of life. WSU is an NCAA DI school competing in the Pac-12 Conference.
Full-time Head Age Group Coach, Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics / Alpine Hills: We are looking for passionate, ambitious and technique-minded individuals to contribute to our program and community. We value character building, team building, technique development, long-term development and achieving results. It is essential to accomplishing our goals, that our staff be effective communicators, energetic motivators and consistent innovators. We embrace and encourage coaches to be creative and contribute new ideas to add to our conventional coaching methods. Every member of the staff is expected to be adaptable to the many situations that may arise and the ever-changing and growing landscape of competitive swimming. We look forward to interviewing all potential candidates at their earliest convenience
• Competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level, and/or 5+ years coaching experience with a leading swim program
• Desire to pursue a career in swim coaching based on a passion for developing swimmers of all ages
• Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies
• Strong communication skills, organization, team-oriented
• Minimum of ASCA Level 2 Certification or comparable
A candidate’s application may also benefit from
• Knowledge and expertise in dryland training
• Experience with event planning
Alpine Hills is a leading, private swim and tennis club providing
• Membership in Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (PASA), a highly competitive, nationally recognized swim team
• A 25 yard x 25 meter deep-water competition pool, coupled with a fully-equipped weight room and fitness center
• A vibrant, supportive community with a rich history in swimming excellence at all levels
• A competitive salary and generous benefits package based on qualification
Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics – Vision
We envision a program that provides advanced level coaching to develop the total athlete at all levels of development, from beginners to world-class competitors. PASA’s innovative program maximizes the results of time spent in the water by incorporating swimmer specific practices designed to enhance individual development, including strength, stretching, yoga, pilates, mental training, and team building.
with Bryant University
Bryant University, a NCAA D1 member of the Northeast Conference, is seeking applicants for a GA Coaching position for the Men’s and Women’s Swim Team.
Assisting with all aspects of operating a collegiate program, including daily practices, recruiting, videotaping, home meet management, fund raising, student-athlete academic success, travel, compliance with all NCAA, NEC and Bryant University rules and regulations, etc.
Requires an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution and acceptance into Bryant University Graduate School program (acceptance must be received before candidate will be considered). The ideal candidate will have collegiate and/or high school experience in swimming. Computer skills (MS Office, excel) are required.
The candidate must have the ability to effectively recruit and retain quality student-athletes. The ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and electronic forms along with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate student-athletes in a group or individual setting are also necessary. The candidate must actively support the mission of the university by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values. The candidate must complete the NCAA coaches recruiting exam, and travel is required.
Regular attendance at assigned job site and the ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and constituents are essential functions of this position.
This position will begin August 1, 2014, with an anticipated duration of two years. Compensation includes a full tuition waiver, housing, and a $3,000.00 stipend
Acceptance into Bryant University Graduate School program is a condition of employment. Acceptance must be received before candidate will be considered.
Throughout its 150-year history, Bryant University has earned a distinguished reputation for innovative academic programs and technology that are marketplace driven and highly attuned to the emerging needs of industry and society. Bryant’s close-knit, student-centered community of scholars delivers challenging academic programs that integrate business and the arts and sciences, with an emphasis on real-world application and a global perspective. Abundant co-curricular opportunities, service learning programs, internships, and practicums allow students to put theory into practice while building character and leadership skills.
Southwestern University seeks candidates for the position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach. This is an entry-level position with coaching responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, the administration of daily swimming and diving operations, recruitment, team training, home event management, practice organization, oversee lifeguard staff, and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Director of Athletics. This is a 9-month, full-time, exempt position with benefits.
A bachelor’s degree is required with a master’s degree preferred. The successful candidate is expected to comply with departmental guidelines set forth by Southwestern University, the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference, and the NCAA Division III. Swimming and diving experience as an athlete and/or coach at the intercollegiate level is necessary.
This is a 9-month, full-time, exempt position with benefits.
Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. Located in Georgetown, Texas, 28 miles north of Austin, Southwestern is affiliated with The United Methodist Church. Southwestern University is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. Southwestern is a member of NCAA Division III and the Southern Collegiate Athletic Association (SCAC). More information on the University is available at www.southwestern.edu or http://southwesternpirates.com/landing/index. More information on the SCAC is available at http://www.scacsports.com/landing/index .
with Drexel University
Drexel University – Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swimming Coach
• Assist in teaching, coaching, training and motivating men and women student-athletes to perform at the highest level through organized team and individual sessions.
• Foster an environment within the men’s and women’s Swimming program that supports the department mission of personal growth and integrity, diversity, leadership, sportsmanship and a commitment to athletic and academic excellence.
• Assist in selecting and successfully recruit student-athletes that meet the needs and growth of the program, department and institution.
• Work effectively with administrators, professional staff and coaches within the department of athletics to operate effectively within the structure of the organization.
• Communicate with all constituents of the program including professional staff, faculty, students, parents, alumni and friends.
• Ensure that the program complies with all institution and sports-related rules and regulations.
• Work to foster growth of the Drexel Swimming community.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Collegiate Swimming experience as a student-athlete
• Successful coaching experience (collegiate preferred)
• Knowledge of NCAA and conference rules preferred
• Valid Driver’s license with MVR check required
Background Check Disclosure: Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University’s acceptance of the results of the background investigation.
About Drexel University
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Swim Job / Swimming News courtesy of Drexel University.