Applications due 04/01/16
Lane Four Aquatics is looking for a site coach to head up our expansion into central Iowa. This will be a brand new site and will be based out of two pools. L4A is a young, up and coming coach-owned team in Iowa and is looking for a leader who will continue the process of building L4A into a regional power. Quality people, great parent support, stable pool time, and an excellent group of coaches provide a good foundation for growth. This opportunity will provide the correct person the ability to write his or her own story.
The job description below provides a list of details of the position that may be customizable due to skill set and it is not an exhaustive list.
- Responsible for developing our Junior program swimmers to be ready to compete at the Sectional and National level
- Work collaboratively with the head coach to develop and follow through on program goals to enhance a club that is consistently trying to meet its mission/vision while always trying to develop new ideas.
- Responsible for writing Junior group practices and working with other coaches on deck to achieve team/group goals.
- Responsible for writing a monthly report on the prior month’s success, needs for improvement, and goals for the next month.
- Work with Senior level swimmers on a daily basis to help aid in a continuous relationship with the swimmers and also develop understanding of proper progressions within the program.
- Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers and parents.
- Attend meets at which your group swimmers attend and as needed for other meets including all meets in which L4A hosts.
- Develop and maintain a season plan for the Junior Group that shows increased knowledge of the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique goals as well as how the group is being differentiated).
- Manage our Age Group travel trip(s)
- Provide input in practice and meet scheduling
- Maintain team practice and master calendars and reporting the monthly calendar to our school district (rental) liaison.
- Responsible for Site Meet Entries
- Attend monthly meetings with Head Coach
- Vacation upon request (two weeks in August and one in March built in as well as one during our Thanksgiving or Holiday Break).
- Maintain all certifications and participate in continuous professional development
Dependent on Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- An impeccable understanding of proper stroke mechanics
- Ability to meet all USA and Iowa Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim)
- Coaches USA Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, etc.
- Experience working with high level Age Group or Senior Athletes
- ASCA Level 2 or higher preferred
- Passion and excitement for the sport of swimming and teaching athletes is a must.
- Extensive experience with Team Unify or comparable computer based programs
- Positive demeanor for forming a partnership with athletes, parents and local high schools.
How to Apply