Date posted: November 7, 2022
Location: 500 Salisbury Street, Worcester, MA, USA
PRIMARY PURPOSE: This position is responsible for all aspects of instruction along with the development and management of a comprehensive NCAA Division II Women’s and Men’s Swimming and Diving Program as a component of the University experience, which enhances the students’ Assumption education in support of the mission of the University.
- Directs all phases of the women’s and men’s swimming program;
- Responsible for complying with all policies and procedures as set forth by Assumption University, the NE10 Conference, the NCAA, and other governing bodies;
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating and recruiting potential student-athletes;
- Initiates the process for recommending financial athletic aid, the National Letter of Intent and the non-renewal/renewal scholarship recommendations;
- Responsible for areas of the sport’s budget, including equipment purchases, travel costs, recruiting expenses, meal allocations and game-day expenses;
- Schedules and conducts regular practice sessions as allowed by the NCAA and University guidelines. Utilizes sound teaching techniques in the preparation of competitions and practices;
- Coordinates all scheduling with their Sr. Associate Athletic Director;
- Oversees the conditioning and training of the student-athletes in conjunction with the sports medicine staff and adheres to all policies and procedures within the University’s health and safety program;
- Develops and implements strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at their best;
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining an atmosphere of compliance amongst assistant coaches and student-athletes;
- Conducts the performance evaluation of the assistant coaches and recommends to the Athletic Director all hiring of staff members. Also monitors and coordinates the professional conduct of all coaches and support staff;
- Coordinates with the Director of Athletics, Associate Director of Athletics, Faculty Athletic Representative, and other campus partners to help promote the retention and graduation of student-athletes;
- Participates in public relations activities and works closely with the University’s athletic communications, marketing, and fundraising programs;
- Coordinates fundraising initiatives (events, individual outreach) with the Senior Associate Director of Athletics and Director of Athletics to enhance the operating budget and student-athlete experience;
- Attends athletic development/alumni functions, academic/athletic honors, and other special events as designated by the University;
- Formalizes and executes an alumni outreach plan with the Senior Associate Director of Athletics;
- Represents the sports program in the community as appropriate;
- Assists in coordinating personal development initiatives and community service activities for all student-athletes;
- Serves as a Campus Security Authority for Clery reporting purposes and a Responsible Employee for Title IX reporting purposes;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the University;
- Bachelor’s Degree, required;
- Master’s Degree, preferred;
- University coaching experience preferred;
- Minimum of three years of demonstrated coaching expertise;
- Must be able to work weekends and nights;
- Strong communication and public relations, management, and leadership skills;
- Shall maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use;
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders;
- Must have a current driver’s license and meet the qualifications of an Assumption University Driver;
- Vaccinated and boostered for COVID-19, required;
- Communicates regularly with students, parents, faculty, high school coaches, and NCAA and conference officials.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures and/or loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks.
How to Apply
Apply on line only:www.assumption.edu/hr
500 Salisbury St
Worcester, MA 01609