Applications due 09/01/22
Date posted: August 4, 2022
Location: Deerfield, IL, USA
The COHO Swim Club is hiring a Head Developmental Coach as of the fall 2022 season. This individual will oversee the day-to-day operations and long-term strategic direction of the COHO Developmental Program, which prepares swimmers for the COHO Age Group Program. The Head Developmental Coach should bring inspirational energy, swimming expertise, and enthusiasm to practice every day.
This is a year-round, part-time, pension eligible (IMRF) position with a flexible combination of coaching and administrative hours that will include 2 hours of coaching on M-Th evenings with the Developmental groups. Additional coaching and administrative hours are flexible and will be based on the individual’s schedule and strengths.
- Develop seasonal and daily plans for beginner swimmers ages 5-12
- Coach practices for the Minnows (ages 9&under) and Sharks (ages 10-12) groups
- Assess new swimmers during tryouts and help new families register for the program
- Acclimate new swimmers and families to COHO with a customer-service mindset
- Help swimmers develop skills necessary to be successful in the Age Group Program
- Maintain active USA Swimming membership, including all courses and certifications
- Ensure the Developmental Program curriculum aligns with the overall team vision
- Work with the COHO Head Coach to develop skills progression for swimmers to transition to the Age Group Program
- Input new swimmer/family information to the team database
- Communicate with parents about the program and swimmer progress
- Organize productive meetings for new families
- Collaborate with the Head Coach to advance team goals
Previous experience teaching swim lessons, and/or coaching children ages 5-12.
Prior experience coaching in a USA Swimming program
Prior experience training and managing assistant coaches
Compensation and Benefits:
Hourly rate of $25.00-$28.00
The opportunity to qualify for IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund) if between 1000 and 1500 hours annually. IMRF is a “multi-employer public pension fund” that administers a program of disability, retirement, and death benefits for employees of local government in Illinois.
Additional benefits include free and/or subsidized use of park district facilities and programs for employee and family members.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, and the individual may start immediately. Please contact COHO Head Coach Nancy Reese at [email protected] or 847-572-2622. www.deerfieldparks.org/jobs
836 Jewett Park Drive
Deerfield, IL 60015