Date posted: November 2, 2023
Location: 73 Patricia Drive, Palm Coast, FL, USA
The FLagler FLUiD Swim Team, LLC is seeking a Head Swim Coach, in Palm Coast, Florida. The team is a year-round beginner competitive USA Swimmer team, with a 501(c)3 booster club. The ideal candidate should be interested in developing swimmers new to the program, but also be able to meet the needs of senior-level competitive swimmers in a flexible and welcoming swim club environment.
Swim Team Programming:
- Provide leadership, instruction and motivation to every swimmer. Teach strokes, techniques, and sportsmanship at various levels and age groups.
- Plan workouts that include appropriate technique, stroke development, team spirit, and team building, etc.
- Routinely evaluate programs, along with staff, and make changes to ensure high quality and meaningful service to swim team members.
- Develop a seasonal plan to train all competing swim team members to compete at their optimal abilities.
- .Attending all swim meets
- Communicate with the Board/owner on a regular basis.
- Work with the owner/coaches to communicate policies and programs to families and participants to promote participation and establish relationships that extend beyond a single swim team season.
- Work with swimmers on their goals from the start of the season to the last event of the season.
- Select swim meets in collaboration with the board and assistant coaches for each season based on your seasonal plan.
- Select events for swimmers based on their abilities and their goals as necessary.
- Maintain working relationships with other swim teams.
Staffing and Supervision:
- Head Coach will be an employed by Flagler FLuid Swim Team, LLC
- Head Coach will work with the Owner/Coaches to recruit, train, and evaluate coaching staff.
- Head Coach will supervise team coaches, and work with Board and assistant coaches to set and maintain meet and practice schedules.
- Organize and communicate with Assistant Coaches for a cohesive swim program including the seasonal plan.
Facility and Equipment:
- Maintain high safety standards in the pool area.
- Ensure safe and correct use of venue facilities and equipment and maintain them properly
- Maintain inventory and request swim team gear as needed and ensure that gear is properly secured and stored.
Required Instructor/Coaching Certification:
- Current certification as an USA Swim Team Coach
- Must pass USA Swimming background check
- All required certifications for USA Swimming Certification and stay current within those requirements
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working with youth
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- 2+ years swim coaching experience
- Leadership of a coaching group
Salary/hourly negotiable , pending number of kids, set compensation for meets, practice, and administrative duties. Approximately 25 hours a week on deck and up to 5-10 hours administrative work per week. Benefits are not included.
Contact: [email protected]
How to Apply