Canyons Aquatic Club has potential for multiple openings on our coaching staff.
We are seeking both a Head Age Group Coach and other full/part-time coaches. This is a great opportunity to work with a USA Swimming Silver Medal Team in the beautiful Santa Clarita Valley, just 45 minutes north of central Los Angeles. Canyons has a 40-year history of excellence in the highly competitive Southern California LSC, and we are aiming to take an already successful club to new heights with our swimmers and dedicated parent-member base.
Candidates should have lots of energy and passion for the sport to better motivate their swimmers, but also have excellent organizational and discipline skills, have deep knowledge about the technical aspects of the sport. Candidate will also be called upon to support the club in other areas, such as meets directing and fund-raising efforts.
Canyons is also looking for candidates that will support and carry out the mission of Canyons Aquatic Club and the philosophy of growth put forward by the Head Coach of a program that fosters the long term development of the swimmer as a person first and as an athlete that has limitless potential when equipped with the right tools and support throughout the development processes.
• Up-to-date USA Swimming credentials.
• Spotless background and reference check.
• A Head Age Group Coach will be set apart by having demonstrated the ability to lead and encourage other staff members effectively, to set up training plans for all ages and abilities that systematically teach both the foundational and technical aspects of the sport along with a strong clerical and organizational mindset.
• A Coach joining as a full or part time will have multiple years of experience and a hunger to grow.
• Ability to create strong connections with swimmers and parents alike and help swimmers achieve their goals.
• Ability to work with different ages and ability levels.
• Experience/knowledge of technology (video, social media, etc).
• Work with the Head Coach and staff to design, organize, and implement a training and performance culture that leads to long-term performance success.
• Lead diverse groups of swimmers towards their path of excellence
• Fully participate in the dry side of meet logistics and planning.
• Have the ability to build a schedule that adjusts to shifting and demanding expectations.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Maintain a positive and encouraging environment.
• Assist with other training groups as needed.
How to Apply
Email Resume and cover letter to [email protected]