Location: 987 Avenida Vista Hermosa, San Clemente, CA, USA
San Clemente Aquatics is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable Assistant Swim Coach to direct swim groups in San Clemente, CA.
Duties and skills of an Assistant Swim Coach include but are not limited to:
1. Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and San Clemente Aquatics policies and procedures.
2. Assist in planning and conducting team practices in accordance with our IM based curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of San Clemente Aquatics.
3. Coach workouts, attend meets, guide and oversee swimmers entries into meets via software. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics.
4. Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
5. Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within San Clemente Aquatics and communicate regularly with other group coaches. Substitute for other coaches as needed. Be a positive team player/roll model with all staff within the San Clemente Aquatics Team.
6. Communicate and interact effectively with parents, relaying important conversation to the Head Coach.
7. Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach.
8. Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for all swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
9. Be able to work within all levels of our program.
10. Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position.
How to Apply
Please send resume with three references to: Goran Westerlund, [email protected]