Date posted: September 15, 2021
Location: Julington Creek Plantation, FL, USA
An Assistant Coach should have a competitive swimming background and a love of the sport. Needs to be able to communicate clearly with new swimmers from the ages of 5 – 18 and be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with the Head Coach, Head Age Group Coach, other staff, and the swim team parents. A background in dryland and strength training is a plus.
Certifications current or able to acquire upon hiring:
- First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Concussion Training, and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Athlete protection training, Safe Sport training, a background check through USA Swimming
- Foundations of Coaching 101 and 201
Lead practices of the group(s) given by the Head Coach with care and excitement. Provide corrective feedback that will enhance swimmers’ techniques. Maintain safety and structure within a group setting, while encouraging and promoting swimmer participation in a positive manner. Give swimmers knowledge to understand and improve stokes allowing for movement up through the swim team groups. Be on deck 10-15 minutes before swimmers begin practice, to greet swimmers and set up swimmers for social distancing requirements. Communicate effectively with all coaches about daily practice procedures, emergencies, and information regarding swimmer’s and swim team’s well-being. Attend any and all team meetings, get together, as deemed necessary by the Head Coach. Conduct self in a professional, friendly, helpful, courteous manner. Any additional tasks and/or duties as assigned by the Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach of Loggerhead Aquatics.
- Reports to the Head Coach / Head Age Group Coach
- 5-20 hours per week includes a minimum of one meet per month.
- Working knowledge of USA Swimming rules.
- Working knowledge/application of stroke technique, swimmer development, and race strategy
- Working knowledge and the ability to teach clock management and interval training for swimmers learning how to train on intervals. Ability to coach 2-3 intervals at a time during sets.
- Ability to create a season plan and incorporate training phases and multiple intervals into workouts.
- Possess strong skills in public relations, and written/verbal communications, good word
- processing skills, and experience with swimming computer software.
- Assists with planning and organizing hosted swim meets, team meetings, socials, training trips, and team social events.
- Ability to work in sunny, hot, and humid environments for long periods. And train athletes safely in similar conditions. Ability to adapt the practice to changes in weather on short notice.
The purpose of the Assistant Coach is to aid the Head Coach / Head Age Group Coach in the development of the swimmers, through mastery of swimming skills, knowledge of the sport, and goal setting. Swimmers of all ages on the team should gain an understanding of good sportsmanship, confidence, and these core values: responsibility, caring, respect, and honesty.
Part-time committed job from 3:45 – 8:45 pm various nights Monday – Friday depending on availability and group schedule.
- Coach a group of 5-18 YO competitive swimmers daily
- Coach group of advanced pre-competitive swimmers as needed
- Office tasks related to meet entries, season planning, and communication with parents
- Opportunity to increase responsibilities/hours based on performance
- Opportunity for additional income with private swim lessons (optional).
How to Apply
Contact Bryan Welter [email protected]