Applications due 08/16/22
Date posted: July 21, 2022
Location: 404 Danbury Road, Wilton, CT, USA
The Age Group Swimming Coach works variable hours to maintain the desired number of coaches on the pool
deck to provide the best teaching and coaching environment possible. Hours will include coaching at swim meets.
This position will work with swimmers ages 6-12 assisting with the Super Bronze, Super Squad and Maroon and
Gold practice groups. This Coach may also be the lead coach for one of our 13/over training squads.
• Age Group coaches must have prior knowledge of swimming, preferably with 1-3 years of coaching experience.
• Must be a good standing member of USA Swimming. Must be certified in First Aid, CPR and Lifeguarding.
Preferably have completed YMCA Principles of Swimming and Diving course.
• Must be knowledgeable in proper competitive stroke techniques, to be able to teach this in an active setting
and be a team player.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• Take attendance of the team.
• The Age Group Swim Coach will also follow all the pool rules and procedures.
• Use pool space and equipment accordingly and put all materials and instructor equipment away after practices.
• Exhibit a pleasant and understanding manner to the participants.
• Have knowledge of team schedules and changes.
• The Coach will never leave the team or an individual swimmer unattended for any reason.
Wilton Y Wahoos / Riverbrook Regional YMCA
404 Danbury Road, Wilton, CT 06897
• Staff must attend all staff meetings and trainings scheduled by the Wahoos.
• He/She will fill out accident reports for any injuries and accidents that occur. If one should occur, he/she will
make the necessary actions in first aid and will fill out an accident report and contact a supervisor.
• The Age Group Swim Coach must keep the supervisor informed of any team, pool problems and
or member concerns.
• Age Group Swim Coaches are to be appropriately dressed in a one-piece bathing suit when working with the
Super Bronze practice group.
• When walking from the pools (25 yard and 50 meter) to the main building, you must have flip-flops and/or
shoes and wear clothing when walking through the lobby.
• Adheres to policies and procedures related to boundaries with youth, managing high-risk activities
and supervising youth.
• Completes all required organizational trainings annually.
• Reports suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
• Follows mandated abuse reporting requirements.
• Job responsibilities include access to protected health information. The employee may access protected
health information (PHI) only to the extent that it is necessary for job requirements. May only share PHI with
those who have a need to know specific member/participant/employee information in order to complete job
responsibilities related to the individual’s participation, payment or company operations. Is expected to
complete required HIPAA privacy training and maintain HIPAA compliance at all times.
• The Wahoo’s- Age Group Swimming Coach has access to protected health information (PHI) of Y program
participants. The Wahoos- Assistant Swimming Coach may use and disclose PHI to workforce members for
the purpose of treatment, payment and operations only.
• Actively participates in and upholds the YMCA’s mission to be open and accessible to everyone, regardless of
financial situation or special need. Contributes time to raise funds for this worthy and necessary endeavor by
supporting the Y’s Annual Giving and Capital Development campaigns.
This position offers a full benefits package inclusive of:
• Health and Dental insurance (employer pays 69%, employee pays 31% of premium)
• Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability insurance (100% employer paid)
• Employee Assistance Plan (100% employer paid)
• Paid time Off
• 403b plan
• YMCA pension plan with employer contribution (upon eligibility)
• Y Membership and employee discounts
• Cell phone, laptop
How to Apply
Visit the Employment Portal on our website at: https://www.wiltonymca.org/employment-opportunities/
186 Vine Street
Belton TX 76513