2016 MARE NOSTRUM TOUR – MONACO
- June 4th-5th, 2016
- Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Prelims: 9 am local (3 am EST) Finals: 5 pm local (11 am EST)
- Competition Schedule
- Live Results
Katinka Hosszu won three more events Sunday, bringing her win total to 5 for the first stop of the 2016 Mare Nostrum Tour.
Hosszu swam almost every other event on the women’s side, winning the 400 free, 100 back and 200 IM.
Her first victory was the most decisive. The Hungarian went 4:06.65 to take the 400 free by a whopping 7.6 seconds over Canadian youngster Taylor Ruck .
Shortly after, Hosszu topped Zimbabwean Olympian Kirsty Coventry for a narrow 100 back win, 1:00.10 to 1:00.67.
And in the meet’s final event, Hosszu went 2:11.11 to once again beat Coventry for the 200 IM title.
Sunday saw 4 more swimmers add wins to their Saturday gold medal counts.
South Africa’s Chad le Clos completed a butterfly sweep of Monaco, blasting a 51.58 to break the meet record in the 100.
In the women’s breaststrokes, Kierra Smith finished a similar single-stroke sweep. The Canadian Olympian was 2:26.54 to win her signature event, the 200 breast.
Germany’s Jan Philip Glania won the 200 back in 1:58.77, adding to his 100 back win from Saturday. And France’s Charlotte Bonnet went 53.80 to win the 100 free by half a second. That came after a 200 free victory on Saturday.
Other event winners:
- World record-holder Paul Biedermann also won an event for Germany. He was 1:46.71 to beat le Clos by 2.5 seconds in the 200 free.
- Russia’s Vsevolod Zanko won the men’s 100 breast in 1:00.74.
- Liliana Szilagyi of Hungary won the women’s 200 fly in 2:09.06. That denied a second win to 100 fly champ Svetlana Chimrova of Russia.
- Feilian Mao of China took home the men’s 400 IM title in 4:18.94.
” Taylor Ruck (4:06.65) ” – 4:06 is Katinka’s winning time, not Taylor’s.
Jared, on the homepage the information is false about Katinka. Please check it. Thanks.