Earlier this month at the 2017 USA Diving Synchronized National Championships in Atlanta, six pairs of divers set their place on the United States world championships squad.
Olympian Steele Johnson (who already qualified for the team in December on the one-meter) paired up with his Purdue teammate Brandon Loschiavo to win the men’s synchronized 10-meter platform with 821.16 points. The women’s 10-meter title went to Jessica Parratto and Tarrin Gilliland with 609.06 points.
The 1-meter divers for Budapest were already determined at the U.S. Winter Diving Nationals in December. Divers will fight for spots in the individual 3-meter and 10-meter at USA Diving’s 2017 World Championship Trials May 19th-21st in Indianapolis.
You can see the team members qualified up to this point below:
- Maria Coburn: 1-meter, synchro 3-meter
- Alison Gibson: 1-meter
- Tarrin Gilliland: synchro 10-meter, mixed synchro 10-meter
- Jessica Parratto: synchro 10-meter
- Kassidy Cook: synchro 3-meter
- Lauren Reedy: mixed synchro 3-meter
- Steele Johnson: 1-meter, synchro 10-meter
- Michael Hixon: 1-meter
- Brandon Loschiavo: synchro 10-meter
- Briadam Herrera: mixed synchro 3-meter
- Michael Hixon: synchro 3-meter
- Samuel Dorman: synchro 3-meter