2018 NCSA JUNIOR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS (SCY)
- March 13th-17th, 2018
- Orlando YMCA Aquatic Center, Orlando, Florida
- SCY (25y) course
- Meet Central
- Psych Sheet
- Day 3 Prelim Results: Women – Men
13-year-old Claire Tuggle, representing the Clovis Swim Club, registered a personal best 1:46.61 in the prelims of the women’s 200 free at day 3 prelims of the NCSA Junior Championships, making her the top seed heading into tonight’s final. The swim moves her up from 75th to 14th on the all-time 13-14 rankings, one spot ahead of Katie Ledecky. Her previous best, the 11-12 National Age Group Record, is 1:47.71, done at this meet last year.
Morgan Tankersley of Greater Tampa, the top seed coming into the meet, was 2nd in prelims in 1:48.00, and Gator Swim Club’s Talia Bates (1:48.13) sits 3rd. Bates also topped the 50 fly prelims in 24.18, followed by Delta’s Grace Cooper (24.30) and Nation Capital’s Phoebe Bacon (24.43).
In the 400 IM, last night’s 200 fly champion Grace Shelbe of Nova of Virginia led the way in a time of 4:10.85, followed by Madison Homovich (4:12.32) from the Marlins of Raleigh, who was 5th in this event at the World Junior Championships in August.
On the men’s side Aitor Fungairino of Metro Aquatic Club led the 200 free in 1:36.49, with top seed coming in Jack Dolan 4th in 1:38.18.
- Casey Storch of Machine Aquatics led the men’s 400 IM in 3:49.81, followed by Long Island’s Jason Louser (3:51.37).
- Will Davis of Metro (21.51) and David Madej of SwimStrongsville (21.99) both ripped sub-22 50 fly’s for the top two seeds.
- Charlie Scheinfeld, runner-up in the 100 breast last night, topped the men’s 50 breast heats in 24.88. 100 yard winner Eli Fouts (25.33) sits 3rd.
- 17-year-olds Claire Grover (Scottsdale) and Kylie Powers (Swim Houston) posted the top two times in the women’s 50 breast in 28.38 and 28.44 respectively. 100 winner Abby Arens (28.67) was 5th.