Courtesy: Coastal Collegiate Sports Association
ATLANTA, Ga. – Liberty’s Lindsey Cohee earned the CCSA Swimmer of the Week honor while teammate Maddie Freece captured Diver of the Week, announced Tuesday by the league office. The Flames opened the 2020-21 slate this past weekend with two team wins over UNC Asheville and Campbell.
CCSA Swimmer of the Week
Lindsey Cohee, Liberty
Senior | Charlotte, N.C.
– First CCSA Swimmer of the Week honor of her career, the 23rd overall for the Lady Flames
– Opened the season with wins in every individual event she entered against UNC Asheville and Campbell, helping the Flames extend its CCSA dual meet winning streak to 22
– Finished with a 58.51 time in the 100 butterfly and a 2:06.96 in the 200 butterfly against the Bulldogs on Friday
– Against Campbell she swam a 57.13 in the 100 butterfly and a 2:04.91 in the 200 butterfly
– Her two 200 fly victories on the weekend came by an average of 3.72 seconds over her next closest competitor
CCSA Diver of the Week
Maddie Freece, Liberty
Freshman | Lansdale, Pa.
– First CCSA Diver of the Week honor of her career, only the seventh Liberty Diver to earn weekly recognition
– Earned a pair of first-place finishes in her collegiate debut against UNC Asheville on Friday
– In the first one-meter session she tied for first with teammate Olivia Robinson after scoring a 281.80, is tied second in program history in the one-meter even
– Won the second one-meter session outright with a 259.30
– She is the fourth Flame in the program’s history to qualify for NCAA Zone Championships, but the first to do so in her first career collegiate meet