2016 Atlanta Classic Swim Meet
- May 13th-15th, 2016
- McAuley Aquatic Center on the Georgia Tech campus
- Prelims 9:00AM local time (U.S. East Coast Time)
- Finals 6:00PM local time (U.S. East Coast Time)
- Meet Central
- Psych Sheet (Updated 5/9)
- Live results (when available)
While there was a lot of disappointment about the withdrawal of Michael Phelps from the Atlanta Classic meet this coming weekend, the meet continues to present a star-studded lineup that will rival the power of the nearby Arena Pro Swim Series meet in Charlotte.
The meet will include among its participants powerhouses and legitimate Olympic hopefuls from across the country – including the world’s best distance swimmer Katie Ledecky.
Ledecky will swim her usual lineup of the 100, 200, 400, and 800 meter freestyles, and adds to those race entries in both the 200 and 400 IMs.
Among the other stars at the meet:
- Elizabeth Beisel versus Sarah Henry versus Maya DiRado versus Ledecky versus Ella Eastin in the 400 IM makes for one of the biggest showdowns we’ll see all year before the Olympic Trials in late June.
- Simone Manuel, Lia Neal, Amanda Weir, Natalie Coughlin, and Shannon Vreeland hold the top 5 seeds in the women’s 100 free. That means Katie Ledecky, the fastest American in the 100 free this year, is only the 6th seed.
- Brazil’s Marcelo Chierighini and Bruno Fratus; Texas Jack Conger and Townley Haas; American Record holder Caeleb Dressel; and butterfly specialist Tom Shields will be among the challengers to top-seeded Nathan Adrian in the sprint freestyle events.
- Andrew Wilson, among the most surprising contenders for the 2016 U.S. Olympic Team, will race the 100 and 200 breaststroke against the likes of NCAA monsters Josh Prenot and Will Licon, age group sensation Reece Whitley, and veterans Chuck Katis and Brad Craig.