Applications due 01/07/22
Date posted: November 26, 2021
Location: Stadium Drive, OCBC Aquatic Centre, Singapore
WATER POLO WOMEN’S TEAM HEAD COACH
(SINGAPORE WATER POLO)
PRIMARY JOB PURPOSE
Within the guidelines and constraints determined by Singapore Swimming Association (SSA), the Water Polo Women’s Team Head Coach is responsible for all high performance programme of the National Women’s Water Polo team as well as working in collaboration with the Sport Director & Vice-President (Water Polo) on the development of the High Performance plan, that includes plans to achieve high performance targets and a sustainable pipeline that enable our players to achieve at desired targets at major games and competitions This post is a full-time position based in Singapore under the employment of Singapore Swimming Association (SSA).
Reports to the Sport Director as well as support the Vice-President (Water Polo) in all matters pertaining to women Water Polo in Singapore.
A. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Effective Relationship and communication with SSA’s Partners and Stakeholders
- To work closely with the SSA’s partners and stakeholders including SportSG, its affiliates, other national federations, and sponsors to ensure alignment.
2) Technical Responsibilities
- To coach the National Women’s Water Polo team on daily basis;
- Responsible for all high-performance programmes of the National Women’s Water Polo team;
- To work closely with the Singapore Sports Institute Scientist Support Group on high performance plan to provide sports science and medicine support for national players;
- To work, under the supervision of the Sport Director & Vice-President (Water Polo), on the implementation of Continuing Coaches Education (CCE) programmes and the delivery of the technical component of the SG Coach Level 1 & 2 Coaching Course modules in partnership with CoachSG;
- To work, under the supervision of the Sport Director & Vice-President (Water Polo), on club development by developing coaching strategies and athlete development strategies that will help the clubs to increase their pipelines and improve quality and competency of their women players;
- To work with the Sport Director & Vice-President (Water Polo) and the Water Polo Technical Committees on the development of the sport, driving towards a playing style that exploits world-class water polo strategies and tactics which are suitable for our smaller-built athletes.
3) Performance Targets
- To retain the Silver Medal at SEA Games in 2023
- To win the SEA Games Gold Medal in 2025
4) Team Communication
- Communicate SSA policies to all team members (including but not limited to Team By-Laws, Anti-Doping Policy, Member Protection Policies) and complete incident reports of any breaches.
5) Programme Budget
- To prepare the high-performance budget before each Financial Year.
- Follow up all incidents and report to Sport Director & Vice-President (Water Polo) on final outcomes.
- Database of athlete performance and progressive updates on National Women Team players’ performances and training plans
B. JOB HOLDER REQUIREMENTS
- Possess relevant Water Polo coaching certifications.
- Experienced in coaching water polo successfully at major international meets.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the issues relating to managing a major national team at an international meet.
- Has the demonstrated capacity to coordinate activities, people and resources and to maintain appropriate monitoring and controls.
- Experienced in dealing with international and national media and press conferences.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of water polo to enable understanding of specific water polo administrative procedures and technical requirements of the athletes and other officials.
- Has the interpersonal skills and technical expertise to provide an effective link between team members and Championship officials and technical committees.
- Experienced in coaching players successfully at international meets.
- Experienced developing season plans and working with Sports Scientist.
- Experienced in mentoring coaches.
2) Personal Attributes
- Has the interpersonal and management skills to successfully motivate and direct athletes where relevant.
- Works effectively with people and shows respect and sensitivity to their needs.
- Demonstrates a logical approach in weighing up issues and coming to a decision.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills and able to provide reports when required.
- Demonstrates ability to handle crisis situations.
- Shows enthusiasm and preparedness to put athlete performance before personal considerations.
- Available to attend all pre-competition meetings, training camps and meets if require.
- Ability to work on weekends.
- Ability to travel overseas.
How to Apply
Interested applicant, please submit your resume to [email protected] . Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Stadium Drive, OCBC Aquatic Centre, Singapore