Selected coaches will prepare military students in: Running, swimming, agility and required physical training. This will include guidance and application of physical preparedness and training techniques for the Physical Screening Test, to include but not limited to swim stroke development with and without fins, water confidence, running, and lower and upper body development.
The Coaches will provide instruction and preparation to students at military facilities in San Antonio, TX. The persons selected for these positions will have daily contact with junior Air Force personnel. As such, they must adhere to the highest standards of conduct in their interface with these airmen, and understand the student/instructor relationship, the duties of the coaches, and provide the experienced, professional, administrative and technical support required to achieve the desired degree of student preparation to accomplish program goals.
The coaches will be required to maintain a high degree of personal fitness and lead by example in this area. One of the primary duties involves administering the Physical Screening Test (PST) to all applicants. Therefore, the coaches shall maintain a level of fitness to inspire applicants. *Coaches will be required to pass a physical screening test to include: 500 yard swim, sit-ups (2 min. minimum of 48), Pushups (2 min-minimum of 40), Pull-ups (min.6) and a 1.5mile timed run (12:00 or less). Failure to pass the physical test will result in termination from the program.
- B.S. or B.A. degree with focus in Health and Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field or four years of equivalent experience working as an instructor or physical fitness leader in a similar field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of sound competitive skills and technique within your discipline (running, swimming, S&C) and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to coach candidates in core strength building and cardiovascular conditioning.
- Strong writing and verbal communication, organizational, and leadership skills. Job requires teaching various blocks of instruction to include: nutrition, mental performance, flexibility, and other courses with fitness in mind.
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification.
- Run Coaches: Competitive running experience from a USA sanctioned Club or College competition team.
- Swim Coaches: Competitive swimming experience from a USA sanctioned Club or College competition team, Level 3 American Swimming Coach (ASCA) Certified
- S&C Coaches: Professional or collegiate level sports experience with one of the following certificates: Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Certified Cross-fit level 3 trainer (CF-L3), Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach with Distinction (RSCCÂ®*D) is desirable.
We offer very competitive salaries for the industry and have excellent benefits to include: Matching 401k Plan, Stock Options, Profit Sharing Plan, Group Health and Dental Plan, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Life Insurance, two weeks PTO plus 10 paid Holidays.
How to Apply
If interested, please forward resumes to [email protected]