Applications due 05/08/19
The Swim Lesson Coordinator will be under the direction of the Aquatics Supervisor. Responsible for a safe pool environment which includes day-to-day planning and supervision of the swim instruction program; supervision of all swim lesson staff and interaction with parents and participants. This is an at-will position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work varying schedules and hours as required to fulfill the duties of the position, including weekend, evening and holiday hours and be available in case of an emergency.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of park district policies and procedures and see that they are adhered to at all times.
- Attend mandatory in-service trainings; district-wide part-time staff orientations and crisis trainings as required.
- Wear nametag with staff issued uniform in order to be clearly identified as a District employee.
- Oversee the proper operation of the swim instruction program.
- Create lesson plans for each level of the swim program for the instructors to teach to participants.
- Create appropriate schedules and supervise staff.
- Maintain a safe pool environment which will include knowledge of emergency procedures, equipment and action plan.
- Provide in-service trainings and staff meetings, at a minimum quarterly.
- Adhere to time clock procedures and keep accurate and neat record of time worked.
- Administer, observe and follow all District safety policies and regulations as the safety of staff and participants is of utmost importance and a continuing responsibility of all employees. Immediately notify the Risk Manager of any safety hazards in District buildings, grounds and facilities.
- The District encourages its employees to take an active role in the appearance of the District i.e. pick up litter throughout the buildings, grounds and facilities of the District.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and a high school graduate or equivalent. Minimum two years’ experience of swim instruction or related subject. Requires strong people and customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with staff and the public. LGI/W.S.I.T. certification preferred. First Aid/CPR/AED required.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://www.lemontparkdistrict.org/job-opportunities/.
16050 W 127th Street Lemont, IL 60439