Applications due 04/07/21
Date posted: March 25, 2021
Location: 55176 Poolside Avenue, Kenai, AK, USA
Definition: Under the general direction and supervision of the Recreation Director or designee, the Shift Supervisor is responsible for supervising programs and activities, and teaching Nikiski Pool classes and activities. The Shift Supervisor must ensure safety regulations are met and render aid as required. This position acts as a supervisor for the assigned shift, and is responsible for leading a work crew.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED; at least 18 years old; Must have current Lifeguard and First Aid/CPR certificates. Must have current Certified Pool Operator certification (or must be obtained within six months.) All certificates must be kept current. Desired skills and abilities include recent work experience including supervisory responsibilities; knowledge of water safety and water recreation activities; and an ability to develop an easy rapport with all age groups. Must have and maintain a valid, unrestricted Alaska driver’s license.
- Supervises shift, assists with staff training, and evaluates assigned employees, including temporary and seasonal employees.
- Responsible for open/close of facility as assigned. Responsible for cash handling and point of sale.
- Organizes and teaches swimming activities and programs to individuals or groups.
- Monitors activities in swimming area to prevent accidents and provides assistance to swimmers; rescues swimmers in danger of drowning and administers lifesaving techniques.
- Assists in maintenance and clean‑up operations in and around pool and adjacent facilities and does related work as assigned. Identifies maintenance needs and reports to Recreation Director.
- Completes facility reports and other documentation as assigned.
- Performs the duties of a lifeguard.
- Determines chlorine and pH content of water by using testing kit; makes chemical adjustments as needed to maintain proper chemical balance.
- Works at front desk; provides information to users and visitors; acts as cashier.
- May perform Pool Supervisor duties in the absence of the Pool Supervisor.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to see, talk and hear; swim; stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch; and occasionally required to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate equipment and controls. The employee must occasionally transport up to 50 pounds and very occasionally more than 100 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
How to Apply
Please apply online on our website at http://www.kpb.us/jobs