Applications due 06/01/19
Location: Andover, Ks
GENERAL FUNCTION: Under the supervision of the Senior Program/Branch Director, the Head Competitive Swim Coach provides leadership and management for the branch team in the areas of staff, budget, and fundraising, as well as program and membership experience. A 40 hour work week will be necessary to accomplish the assigned responsibilities.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum age of 21
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant coaching experience in sport
- Must be able to routinely perform the following physical activities as dictated by sport; swim, climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand, walk and perform moderate physical activity for extended periods of time, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity
- Must be able to lead and coach teams and individuals and have the ability to communicate effectively; both orally and in writing
- Must possess mental alertness, problem solving and task management skills; ability to make independent and sound decisions in a rapidly changing environment
- Must demonstrate a high level of maturity, patience, dependability, sound judgment and the desire to work with all ages
- Must exhibit initiative in the absence of supervision
- Must be able to relate to and work with diverse groups of people in a friendly and consistent manner
- Must work collaboratively as a team member as well as independently and lead by assigned goals, duties and deadlines
- Must present a neat and professional appearance at all times
- Job Requirements:
- Commitment to the YMCA mission, vision and values
- Must attend New Employee Orientation within 30 days of hire
- Complete BLS/AED, First Aid, and O2 in accordance with Conditions of Employment
- Learn and demonstrate all applicable emergency procedures and action plans for the branch and/or program
- Understand and abide-by all policies and procedures as set forth by the association
- Work a schedule that reflects the needs of the branch and team; including travel and evenings and weekends
- Recruiting, hiring, training, developing, scheduling and supervising a high performing coaching staff focused on providing exceptional service and instruction and work well as a team.
- Developing strategies to provide support and motivation to staff for the achievement of goals and retention.
- Reviewing and evaluating coaching staff performance.
- Maintaining assistant coach retention through positive reinforcement and support.
- Responsible for documenting coaches meetings/development and trainings.
- Ensuring coach certification records are current in accordance with Conditions of Employment.
- Ensuring the team complies with YMCA standards and methods of operation.
- Integrating member-service and engagement strategies into all interactions with parents to ensure positive team recruitment and retention; keeping accurate records of retention, member and non-member participation.
- Building and expanding program enrollment and participation.
- Keeping accurate records of retention, member and non-member participation.
- Monitoring and evaluating delivery and effectiveness of team and coaches for the highest possible level of quality.
- Being visible and approachable to coaches, parents and members.
- Responding to all parent, member and community inquiries and concerns regarding the team within 24 hours.
- Communicating team information, changes and needs in a timely manner to supervisor and branch staff.
- Providing written and verbal communication to all team parents and coaches for clear understanding of practices, travel and YMCA team policies.
- Developing, monitoring and meeting or exceeding budget targets.
- Producing effective and efficient coaching schedules within set payroll budget parameters.
- Maintaining complete familiarity with all risk management procedures and policies.
- Maintaining program area and equipment in an orderly, clean and safe condition and reporting any irregularities to maintenance personnel.
- Keeping an up-to-date and accurate inventory on all equipment, materials and supplies.
Strong Community Campaign/Financial Development:
- Providing leadership for assigned aspects of Strong Community Campaign, special events and other fund development to ensure fundraising goals are met.
- Serving as a member of the branch management team performing specific duties which support the overall success of branch operations.
- Communicating information promptly to all branch leadership and departmental staff.
- Attending applicable training and conferences to further professional development.
- All other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULT: Assist the association in providing safe transportation for program participants.
How to Apply
Apply on the Greater Wichita YMCA website, Careers page: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6152369.jobs?JobsSearch=1
402 N Market