Applications due 07/01/19
Location: The Woodlands, TX, USA
The Woodlands Swim Team, located in The Woodlands, TX., just north of Houston, is searching for a Head Coach. The Woodlands has 300+ swimmers ranging from beginning age group to national qualifiers. The team operates out of the Conroe ISD Natatorium, which is an indoor 65 meter pool as well as several 6 lane outdoor pools across the Woodlands Township. The Woodlands has consistently been a club excellence medal winner ranging from Bronze to Gold status and a club recognition level 4. The Woodlands is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and is supported by a parent-run volunteer board of directors, full time team administrative staff and coaches.
The Woodlands Swim Team mission: to provide the resources to enable each swimmer the opportunity to maximize their individual potential, develop character, build teamwork, and have fun in a family oriented organization.
The Head Coach will be accountable for the following:
- Development, organization and implementation of our swim program including implementation of mission, vision and strategic planning among coaches, athletes and parents
- Supervision, development and recruitment of coaching staff
- Evaluation, improvement and growth of full swim program in support of team’s financial objectives
- Pool lease maintenance and overall relationship with Conroe ISD and The Woodlands Township
- Compliance with USA Swimming Safe Sport and MAAP polcies
- Promotion of a family and “one-team” atmosphere vital for the program’s success
Other key responsibilities include:
- Proactively educate and assist high school swimmers and families through the college recruitment process
- Communicate with staff and membership through newsletters, website and social media updates, and email
- Collaborate and support parent board of directors on development of budget, fee structure, and fundraising activities
- Collaborate and supervise coaching staff on planning travel swim meets and camps with thought of USA Safe Sport and MAAPP policies.
- Coordinate with volunteers on on-going projects and events
- Be a community advocate for the team and overall organization.
- Meeting attendance including parents, leaseholders, Board of Directors, Gulf LSC, and Woodlands Township (as needed)
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Experience developing swimmers from learn-to-swim through the national level
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ASCA Level 5 certification or equivalent experience
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications
- Strong integrity, patience, and respect
- Possesses a thorough knowledge and understanding of the collegiate recruitment process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of Team Unify, Team Manager, Meet Manager, and other technology/software useful for developing swimmers
- Basic financial skills including budget process
This position is eligible for a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and benefits, including medical, dental, and 401(k) programs. The Woodlands Swim Team invites applicants for this opportunity to submit your resume, cover letter, and list of references. For consideration, application materials must be submitted by July 1, 2019 to [email protected]
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references to [email protected] In order to be considered, application materials must be submitted by July 1, 2019.