Applications due 05/01/19
As our first Head Coach, Pietro, is leaving after three years to pursue life on the West Coast, Calvert Aquatics Club (“CAC”) is seeking applicants for its Head Coach position. Pietro has been our reliable, unwavering leader who helped build this program from the ground up and we appreciate his knowledgeable, consistent leadership. We are seeking a career minded coach who can build upon this foundation and bring the club to even greater heights in the next five years.
The head coach is expected to be a career coach (ASCA Level 3 or higher preferred, but all levels are strongly encouraged to apply), do the bulk of the administrative work, communicate well with all coaches, athletes & parents, and be the “face of the program” to the Calvert County community.
The Head Coach responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of all swim operations, including regulatory compliance, safety, discipline, ensuring an effective – efficient swim staff roster.
- Management of team and supervision of coaching staff, including coach mentorship, training and development, oversight, and standards.
- Direct coaching of swimmers in the Senior and Junior Levels and other swimmers as needed
- Key advisor to the the Board to fulfill the strategic plan and mission. Work with board to develop annual swim operations budget and forecast expenditures.
- Plan & organize annual swim calendar including swim meet selection.
- Provide for staff needs
- Provide for appropriate placement, mentoring, development, and feedback of athletes
- Coordinate training schedules, group placement and advancement guidelines
- Communicate with team members and families via group meetings, newsletters, email, website and individual meetings
- Work with the local high school coaches and summer league coaches to recruit new athletes for future growth
- Participate in the local swim committees (LSC) of USA Swimming
- Assist with additional practices, fundraisers, team social events
- Schedule of meets
- Assist with marketing
- Enforce rules and regulations of MD LSC and USA Swimming
- Any other tasks reasonably assigned by the Board
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3+ years proven experience as a Head Coach or Head Assistant Coach of a USA Swimming affiliated club
- USA member Swim Coach in Good Standing
- All appropriate & valid licenses/Certifications/Registrations for USA Swimming, ASCA
- ASCA Level 3 Certification
- Experience with Team Unify software
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches certifications
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid
- Red Cross CPR-PR/AED
This position is open effective August 1, 2019. Application deadline is May 1, 2019. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please submit resume including references and salary expectations to [email protected]calvertaquaticsclub.org.
All applications are handled in confidence. CAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference. If you’re looking for a great opportunity to work with outstanding families, grow a solid local club into a regional force, and develop your coaching skills, CAC is looking forward to hearing from you!
How to Apply
Email resume & references to: [email protected]