Applications due 07/22/21
Date posted: July 15, 2021
Location: 1690 David E Cook Way, Clovis, CA, USA
Clovis Swim Club owned and operated by Clovis Unified School District. This position is full-time school district employment, and a candidate should be prepared to supervise school district aquatic programming as well as swim club programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes, implements, participates and evaluates a variety of youth and adult recreation and sports programs and activities across the district.
- Provides leadership in the implementation of short- and long-range plans; coordinates department activities with other departments and agencies as needed.
- Recruits, trains and supervises recreation staff and volunteers.
- Schedules the use of parks, playgrounds and school facilities for program activities.
- Works with local agencies and service organizations to coordinate activities.
- Prepares periodic reports detailing the status of recreation program activities.
- Prepares work schedules and expedites workflow; studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Performs various administrative and basic budget duties, e.g., collects, counts, tracks, and secures funds for recreation programs. Assists with budget management.
- Works directly with Administrative Assistant on all budgets. Recreation Supervisor VI 2
- Develops media releases, fliers and other promotional materials for program activities.
- Prepares reports and processes forms necessary for program administration. Maintains program records.
- Attends all standing meetings with direct supervisor and periodic meetings with Assistant Superintendent, Educational Services.
- Coordinates all facilities with district office and school sites.
- Require evening and weekends schedules.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of the principles and practices of recreational and leisure sports programming development, administration and delivery. Sufficient human relations skills to communicate specific information and to achieve harmony in a work setting. Considerable knowledge of pertinent federal, state and local rules, regulations, ordinances, and other regulatory standards applicable to the work. Knowledge of the objectives and ideals of public recreation, with thorough understanding of activities applicable to a demographically and culturally diverse community. Knowledge of current principles and practices of child safety and instruction work.
Abilities: Must be able to perform all of the essential duties of the position under general guidance. Demonstrated ability to independently maintain and monitor sports and recreation activities. Must be able to understand and follow District policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Requires general arm, hand, leg, and body coordination to use standard sports and recreation equipment. Must be able to orient and train sports and recreation staff. Ability to clearly communicate information both verbally and in writing.
Working Conditions: Work may be performed in a gym or outdoor environment where exposure to noise levels ranging from moderate to loud and occasional to frequent time periods. Occasional extreme cold and heat due to temperatures associated with weather.
Physical Abilities: Working environment requires physical ability to stand for extended periods of time, stoop and infrequently lift objects up to 50 pounds. Requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend, kneel and stoop.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree, supplemented with related experience in staff supervision and scheduling preferred; business degree or experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Licenses and Certificates: Requires CPR/First Aid certification and a valid California driver’s license.
How to Apply
Applications must be completed on the EdJoin website: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1441038
Applicants interested in this position must, electronically, complete a current online EdJoin application.
It is recommended that the following documents be attached to all EdJoin applications: – Current Resume – Two (2) Letters of Recommendation dated within 18 months of application date – Copy of High School Diploma, GED, or College Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable) – Copy of licenses or certificates if applicable
** NOTE: CELL PHONE PHOTO COPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED** For further information on specific education, experience, licenses, and/or certificates required, please see the linked job description.
1690 David E Cook Way
Clovis, CA 93611