Location: 8400 North Loop 1604 West, San Antonio, TX, USA
The Competitive Swim Coach provides leadership in developing exceptional coaches and maintaining or developing a comprehensive competitive child age group and adult master level swimming program for participates of all ability levels. The coach must comply with District, State, and National goals and objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Only those persons who meet the minimum qualifications as posted should apply)
High School Diploma or Accredited General Equivalency Diploma (GED) Note: Proof of U.S. equivalency must be provided if diploma is from outside of the United States.
Must be at least 18 years old
Must have 2 years of coaching or competitive experience in designated sports area ASCA Level Certification preferred
USA Swimming Level 1
Current safety training for swimming coaches
Current Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification/AED
Must have satisfactory outcome of USA Swimming Background Check.
Must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting check prior to starting employment.
Knowledge of swimming rules and techniques for competitive swimming
Skill in oral and written communication, computer and swimming software
Ability to effectively teach and communicate with assigned athletes, parents and administrators
1. Work with the Aquatics Coordinator, pool schedules and designing workout groups for the team.
2. Communicate with the Aquatics Coordinator any concerns of parents and/or swimmers.
3. Maintain accurate records of practice, attendance, registration information, meet entries and results.
4. Communicate with parents and Aquatics Director about swimmers’ progress, upcoming events and performance.
5. Coordinate with the database manager with monthly attendance, registration, meet entries and results.
6. Coach 5-10 practices a week depending on group and season.
7. Coordinate dry land training and water training with other coaches on staff.
8. Run both dry land training and swimming training.
9. Emphasize development of all four competitive strokes, starts, turns and race strategies.
10. Attend all scheduled events and meets in which the team assigned is qualified.
11. Keep work area neat and prepared for the next activity in the facility.
12. Maintain all required certifications.
13. Perform other duties assigned within the scope of responsibility and requirements of the job.
Maintain emotional control under stress. Daily attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of the job. Lifts 50-75 pounds occasionally; more than 75 pounds occasionally with assistance. Moderate walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, twisting and sitting. Work indoors with exposure to pool chemicals/vapors and damp/wet conditions. Subject to visual acuity, speech/hearing, hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity. May be required under specific circumstances to physically rescue pool participant(s) in danger.
How to Apply
EMAIL RESUME TO [email protected]
8400 N LOOP 1604 W
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78249