Applications due 07/01/19
Location: British International School, Phuket, Mueang Phuket District, Phuket, Thailand
BISP is looking for an experienced leader to take on the role of Aquatics Director.
- Valid physical education degree and/or swimming coaching accreditation equivalent (ASCTA Bronze / ASCA Level 3 / ASA Level 3)
- Must hold active basic lifeguard qualifications or equivalent from home country or place of record (or ability to gain prior to employment)
- Min. 3 year’s Head Coach experience
- Learn to Swim experience is advantageous
- Bachelors or Undergraduate Degree
- High standard of spoken and written English
- Must have previous experience in a management or supervisory position at a similar aquatic facility or program
- Working knowledge of Meet Manager, team database software (Team Manager, Team Unify or equivalent)
- Team player that has exceptional leadership, management, and interpersonal skills
- Experience within an international school setting is advantageous
The Aquatics Director acts as a swimming coach, swimming teacher, pool manager and sports
administrator. Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the School’s curricular and extra-curricular aquatics programs and services
- Supervise daily operations of the BISP pool facilities, staff, supplies, and equipment
- Ensure the quality of delivery, and related safety, of programs is at a high standard in conjunction with International expectations
- Administer, supervise, and promote the BISP Flying Fish swim team and associated programs
- Administer and conduct swim meets, both for internal competition and external competition
- Communicate with the BISP Flying Fish swim team members, school staff, and community
The Aquatics Director reports directly to the Athletics Director, and liases closely with the High Performance Head Coach, Learn to Swim Coordinator, and Head of PE for effective management of the whole program.
Key duties / responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to deliver on the following responsibilities, and others as
- Direct and supervise the BISP aquatic programs
- Assist with the coordination, development, application, and evaluation of BISP swim programs. This includes the early years’ PE program as well as primary / secondary curricular swimming programs
- Oversee the overall scheduling of all aquatic programs and services, in cooperation with the Athletics director/PE Department
- Prepare pool calendar for curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Administer and conduct swimming meets at both intra-club and inter-club level, and operate Meet Manager and timing equipment
- Coordinate with events department and other departments to host swim meets. These may range in duration and scale, from several hours and 50 swimmers, to multi-day events with 500+ swimmers.
- Write, update, uphold and communicate policies and procedures that relate to the swimming pool and the swimming program, in conjunction with the CIS department. This includes SOP and EAPs for all swim facilities, as well as external trips and events.
- Be confident and effective in delivery of swimming lessons and training sessions to children of all abilities and ages (from 5 months to 18+ years) in accordance with the philosophy and curriculum of the swim team
- Provide fun, informative and high quality lessons to students
- Administer emergency First Aid as needed in the event of any accident, and follow BISP Procedure for follow-up. Note that the school employs qualified nursing staff.
- Observe and enforce all rules and regulations of the facility.
- Take responsibility for the supervision of day-to-day operations of the swimming pool’s including monitoring the maintenance, security, and safety of the overall pool environment, as well as the first level supervision of lifeguards and other staff working in the swimming pool.
- Take responsibility for ordering of equipment and Swim Meet specific needs that reflect the Aquatic or PE requirements, in conjunction with school procedures
- Communicate with other international schools in the region for hosted and away swim meets
- Communicate with swim team parents on their involvement in events, through designated
school communication channels
- Communicate with the Business Department and Events, Marketing and Communications teams at BISP regarding schedules, results, awards etc
- Any other duties as requested by the Headmaster
The role will require working within a school environment to develop multi-skilled and rounded individuals, and may also involve teaching at a range of levels within learn to swim, junior and age group development, performance and high performance, curriculum swimming and masters. The ability to work within a team is essential, as is communication to parents, other coaching staff, teachers and students.
Initial term contract, details pertaining to benefits, medical insurance, transport, and accommodation will be detailed upon time of interview.
Start Date: August 2019 or by negotiation
How to Apply
Submit application online via https://www.bisphuket.ac.th/academic-vacancies/
For more information please email the Athletics Director, Jeff LaMantia at [email protected] .