Applications due 10/04/18
Aquatic Coordinator / Assistant Swim Coach
As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,200 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna’s unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University’s 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
This is a benefits eligible, year-round position that is part administration of aquatic programs, operation of the natatorium, and coaching swimming.
The Aquatic Coordinator will be responsible for the overall operations of the natatorium and programming of it; to include planning, development, administration, growth, evaluation and supervision of all Aquatic programs along with the on-going operation and maintenance of pool. Will lead the preparation and manage the programs, operation and maintenance of pool.
The Assistant Coach is primarily responsible for assisting the Head Swim Coach in all aspects of the Susquehanna Swimming & Diving program including: planning practices, incorporating new training strategies, executing home and away meet responsibilities and recruiting.
• Development and execution of programs in Aquatics; such as, but not limited to: swim lessons, water aerobics, and lifeguarding classes.
• Recruit, train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate staff necessary to achieve success programmatically and operationally.
• Oversee daily operation and implementation of all aquatic programs by staff to members to assure quality service and programming.
• Regulate the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly maintenance and operation of pool.
• Maintain pool logs, pool updates and incident reports.
• Manage staff certifications and create development plans for ensuring availability of staff.
• Create and manage aquatic program plans including marketing, budget and staff requirements.
• Manage lifeguard schedule. Must be able to fill in for uncovered shifts as needed.
• Ensure safety and prevent injuries by supervising aquatics area and implementing best practices.
• Ensure program quality and monitor staff performance and member service.
• Developing and conducting organized practices.
• Assist the Head Coach with meet day responsibilities.
• Counsel student-athletes in a positive and encouraging manner.
• Serve as a role model to student-athletes daily.
• Recruit high school student-athletes by emailing, calling and messaging; plan day and overnight visits for recruits and parents.
• Adhere to all NCAA, Landmark Conference and University rules and regulations.
• Develop positive rapport with athletics staff and the entire Susquehanna community.
• Represent the university in a professional manner when communicating with recruits and constituents.
• Perform other duties assigned by the Head Coach (such as mailings, updating databases, writing practices, etc.).
• Home meet responsibility to set up and prepare timing system and coordinate entries and results.
• Daily contact with students, staff and faculty. Occasional contact with coaches from other colleges and with university administrative staff.
• Filming with the Go Pro camera and video editing.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Knowledge of pool mechanics and chemicals; equipment and facility management; Skilled at customer service and its relationship to membership development; knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Experience using Team and Meet Manager software preferred.
Ability to effectively communicate.
Bachelor’s degree required. Certified lifeguard required. Certified PA cat. 24 (pool operators) license required within 3 months after hire.
1-2 years related experience required. Evidence of a positive attitude and the ability to get along well with others required.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Coaching or playing experience in swimming is desired. Management experience in area of aquatics and experience teaching swim lessons preferred.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to Apply
For full application instructions and position description, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1287626