2021 U.S. OLYMPIC SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wave I Dates: June 4-7, 2021
- Wave II Dates: June 13-20, 2021
- Prelims: 10am CDT | Finals: 7pm CDT (8PM finals on Friday & Saturday)
- Where: CHI Health Center / Omaha, Nebraska
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Cuts
- Wave I & II Event Order
- LCM (50m)
- Day 8 Finals Live Stream (NBC)
- Psych Sheets
- Wave II Live Results
- Day 8 Finals Heat Sheet
Reported by James Sutherland.
MEN’S 50 FREE FINAL
- World Record: Cesar Cielo (BRA) – 20.91 (2009)
American Record: Caeleb Dressel – 21.04 (2019) US Open Record: Cesar Cielo (BRA) – 21.14 (2009)
- World Junior Record: Michael Andrew (USA) – 21.75 (2017)
- 2016 Olympic Champion: Anthony Ervin (USA) – 21.40
- 2016 US Olympic Trials Champion: Nathan Adrian – 21.51
- Wave I Cut: 23.19
- Wave II Cut: 22.71
- FINA ‘A’ Cut: 22.01
Caeleb Dressel used his game-changing start to launch himself into clear water right off the hop in the men’s 50 freestyle final, soaring to victory in a time of 21.04 to tie his American Record set at the 2019 World Championships.
Dressel’s swim also lowers the U.S. Open Record of 21.14, set by Cesar Cielo in 2009, and ties for both the fourth-fastest swim ever and the fastest textile swim of all-time.