University of California
- Won a national title, swimming the leadoff leg of the 200 yard freestyle relay at the NCAA Championships, and swam the third leg for the national runnerup 200 medley relay team
- Won Pac-12 championships with the 200 freestyle relay and 200 medley relay teams
- Earned Honorable Mention Pac-12 All-Academic Honors
- Finished 10th in the 50 free (22.07), 20th in the 100 fly (52.31) and 31st in the 100 free (48.79) and led off the runner-up 200 free relay at the NCAA Championships
- Reached the finals of the 50 free (6th, 22.10) and 100 fly (6th, 52.24), while also placing 12th in the 100 free (49.04) at the Pac-12 Championships.
- Led off the conference title winning 200 free relay
- Named Honorable Mention Pac-12 All-Academic
- At the NCAA Championships, swam the second leg of the title winning 200 free relay, while also finishing sixth in the 50 free (21.76), 10th in the 100 fly (51.15) and 19th in the 100 free (48.22)
- At the Pac-12 Championships, was part of the runner-up 200 free relay, finished fifth in the 100 fly (51.62) and won the B final of the 50 free (21.96) and 100 free (48.72)
2017 U.S. National Championships
- Finished eighth in the 50m fly (26.70), 23rd in the 50m free (25.81) and 44th in the 100m free (56.46)
2016 US Olympic Trials
- Murphy competed in the 50m free (23rd, 25.66), 100m free (34th, 56.12) and 100m fly (73rd, 1:01.14).
Not only was Murphy a Scholastic All-American, but was also named her school’s Scholar-Athlete of the Year. She was the California NCS Champion in the 50 Free, 100 fly, and a s a member of her school’s 200 free relay and 400 free relay.
Maddie Murphy is the daughter of Matthew and Tammy Murphy. Both Matthew and Tammy graduated from Cal, where Matthew was a two time NCAA Champion with the Cal Water Polo team. Additionally, 32 of Murphy’s aunts, uncles, and cousins graduated from Cal.