7TH FINA WORLD JUNIOR SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2019
- 50-Meter Course
- Duna Arena, Budapest (Hungary)
- Pool swimming: Tuesday, August 20 – Sunday, August 25, 2019
- Heats 9:30am GMT+2 (3:30 am EDT / 12:30 am PDT)/ Semifinals and Finals 5:30pm GMT+2 (11:30am EDT / 8:30am PDT)
- Meet site
- Entries book
- FinaTV Live Stream (subscription required)
- Live results
We are now in the thick of the 2019 World Junior Championships, and to make sure you’re up to speed with all the action, we’re giving you a video recap of what we think of the racing. This is Pancake Hot Take, where we rate the overall racing of every Finals Session on a scale of 1-5 pancakes, and give you our highlights from each night.
With no championship records and no world junior records, I was about to give this finals session 1 pancake. And then the mixed 400 free relay saved the day. With USA throwing down a world junior record in the last event, it bumped Day 3 up to…
Let’s get into it.
- Race of the Day: That world junior record in the mixed 400 free relay. Team USA put on a dominant performance from start to finish, throwing up 4 solid splits to break the previous mark set by Canada at the 2017 World Junior Championships
- Surprise of the Day: David Curtiss keeps getting better! 1 month ago, Curtiss came into summer nationals with a best of 22.6… and he just went 21.95 tonight. I’m very excited for tomorrow’s final
- Syrup on Top: Women’s 100 freestyle. Gretchen Walsh broke 54 seconds for the first time, wins gold, and becomes the #2 performer all-time for American women in the 15-16 age group. Torri Huske touched for silver, just .02 off her lifetime best that she set in semi finals.
That’s it for today, but the pancakes don’t have to end here! Let me know how many pancakes you give today and what your highlights were in the comments below.
Until tomorrow… stay hungry.
Watch more Pancake Hot Take’s from the 2019 World Junior Championships
Watch more Pancake Hot Take’s from the 2019 World Championships