7TH FINA WORLD JUNIOR SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2019
- 50-Meter Course
- Duna Arena, Budapest (Hungary)
- Pool swimming: Tuesday, August 20 – Sunday, August 25, 2019
- Heats 9:30am GMT+2 (3:30 am EDT / 12:30 am PDT)/ Semifinals and Finals 5:30pm GMT+2 (11:30am EDT / 8:30am PDT)
- Meet site
- Entries book
- FinaTV Live Stream (subscription required)
- Live results
We are now in the thick of the 2019 World Junior Championships, and to make sure you’re up to speed with all the action, we’re giving you a video recap of what we think of the racing. This is Pancake Hot Take, where we rate the overall racing of every Finals Session on a scale of 1-5 pancakes, and give you our highlights from each night.
Day 1 Started out with some exciting races, and ended on a high note with 2 very quick relays. Add 2 world junior records to that, and I give Day 1 finals…
Let’s get into it.
- Race of the Day: Men’s 400 free relay. With the entire podium slipping under the previous WJR set by Australia (3:16.96, 2013) with USA taking the win in 3:15.80, having 3 boys go under 49 seconds. I like the looks of this heading into the rest of the meet
- Surprise of the Day: Gabor Zombori knocked my socks off. Dude went out in 53.0, 1:51.2 at the 200, and has the stuff to bring it home in 27.1 on the last 50, touching at 3:46.0 for a new championship record
- Syrup on Top: Women’s 800 free relay. With USA taking it’s 2nd gold in a row, they had 4 women all under 2:00, with it’s last 2 legs both under 1:58.4
That’s it for today, but the pancakes don’t have to end here! Let me know how many pancakes you give today and what your highlights were in the comments below.
Until tomorrow… stay hungry.
Watch more Pancake Hot Take’s from the 2019 World Championships