7TH FINA WORLD JUNIOR SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2019
- 50-Meter Course
- Duna Arena, Budapest (Hungary)
- Pool swimming: Tuesday, August 20 – Sunday, August 25, 2019
- Heats 9:30am GMT+2 (3:30 am EDT / 12:30 am PDT)/ Semifinals and Finals 5:30pm GMT+2 (11:30am EDT / 8:30am PDT)
- Meet site
- Entries book
- FinaTV Live Stream (subscription required)
- Live results
We are now in the thick of the 2019 World Junior Championships, and to make sure you’re up to speed with all the action, we’re giving you a video recap of what we think of the racing. This is Pancake Hot Take, where we rate the overall racing of every Finals Session on a scale of 1-5 pancakes, and give you our highlights from each night.
With 9 finals races tonight on Day 2, I thought there would be a bit more fast swimming. However, the session ended with a world junior record, so I have to give Day 2…
Let’s get into it.
- Race of the Day: That world junior record in the mixed 400 medley relay. Team USA put on a dominate performance from start to finish, throwing up 4 solid splits to break the previous mark by over 1 second
- Surprise of the Day: Luca Urlando missing the 100 fly final after winning the 200 free. Let’s be honest, that was an insane turnaround, maybe 20 minutes if that. Urlando managed a 53.2 in the first semi-final, only yielding him 12th place overall
- Syrup on Top: Carson Foster‘s bounce back 200 IM gold (championship record, 1:58.46) after getting 5th (.08 outside of medaling) in the 200 free.
That’s it for today, but the pancakes don’t have to end here! Let me know how many pancakes you give today and what your highlights were in the comments below.
Until tomorrow… stay hungry.
Watch more Pancake Hot Take’s from the 2019 World Junior Championships
Watch more Pancake Hot Take’s from the 2019 World Championships