Courtesy of Karyn W. Tunks
- a protective lid or cover for an object such as a bottle, the point of a pen, or a camera lens.
- covers head to reduce drag in water or protect hair from chemicals
- to make an opening or incision with a sharp-edged tool or object.
- time standard needed to qualify for a competition
- land as opposed to the sea or another body of water
- workouts done outside of the pool
- a piece of cloth, typically oblong or square, attachable by one edge to a pole and used as the symbol of a country or institution.
- warning to backstrokers that the wall is 15 feet away
- a form of energy associated with the motion of atoms or molecules
- one of several rounds in a competition
- to become acquainted with or introduced to someone
- competition between teams and swimmers
- a person that runs for exercise or competition
- volunteer who collects meet documents from timers and judges
- filling a sack with sand in order to create a protective barrier.
- deliberately performing below one’s actual ability early in practice in order to use stored energy to excel later in practice
- a propagative part of a plant
- where a swimmer is in standing to others in the event
- gradual decrease in thickness or width of an elongated object such as a candle
- reducing the amount and intensity of of training before an important competition