2021 U.S. OLYMPIC SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wave I Dates: June 4-7, 2021
- Wave II Dates: June 13-20, 2021
- Prelims: 10am CDT | Finals: 7pm CDT
- Where: CHI Health Center / Omaha, Nebraska
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Cuts
- Wave I & II Event Order
- LCM (50m)
- Day 5 Prelims Live Stream (NBC Olympics)
- Psych Sheets
- Wave II Live Results
- Day 5 Prelims Heat Sheets
Michael Andrew destroyed his lifetime best 200 IM time in the Thursday prelims session of the 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Wave II, blasting a 1:56.25 to take the top spot in the semifinals tonight.
Andrew’s previous lifetime best was 1:56.83 from the Pro Swim Series in March 2020.
This prelims swim makes him the 5th all-time fastest performer in the country, bumping Abrahm DeVine to #6.
All-Time Fastest U.S. Performers in 200 Meter IM
- Ryan Lochte – 1:54.00 (2011)
- Michael Phelps – 1:54.16 (2011)
- Eric Shanteau – 1:55.36 (2009)
- Chase Kalisz – 1:55.40 (2018)
- Michael Andrew – 1:56.25 (2021)
Andrew took out the race fast. At the 150-meter mark he was under World Record pace. Ryan Lochte still holds the World Record, set at 1:54.00. Lochte finished in 2nd place this morning (1:58.48).
World Record Splits: