Applications due 06/13/22
Date posted: May 16, 2022
Location: 5000 Ymca Drive, Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Develop, promote and manage the competitive swim team in an efficient and fun manner consistent with the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati standards.
- Recruit, hire, train and evaluate qualified staff and volunteers to effectively operate programs of the department as budgeted and approved.
- Supervise pool facilities on and off site for upkeep, cleanliness and proper usage during swim team practices, meets or other swim team usage.
- Prepares, promotes and manages swim meets and volunteer leadership for all swim levels during the short course and long course seasons.
- Develop a season plan to prepare swimmers for the physical and emotional growth and write and maintain daily workout plans to accomplish season plans. Maintain practice group attendance records.
- Inspect the facilities and equipment within the department to ensure high standards of maintenance, cleanliness, and repair of equipment. Understand and implement total emergency procedures, closing and opening of the pool facilities, etc.
- Communicate effectively with swimmers and parents to achieve team established goals.
- Be available during practices and meets to provide ongoing member and participant service. Visit with parents to establish relationships with participants.
- Maintains safety at all times during practices, swim meets or other team functions. Acquire and maintain necessary certification as established by the YMCA or USA Swimming.
- Conduct and prepare swim meet evaluations including cost analysis, program enrollments, and qualitative measures of program and membership services.
- Plan and develop an annual budget of income and expenses for the department. Administer the annual budget as approved emphasizing income production and expense control.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education or related field preferred.
- Competitive swimming experience, knowledge of competitive swimming or previous coaching experience is required.
- Experience in personnel supervision, recruitment, training, and development of staff and volunteers.
- Budget development and administration skills preferred. Planning and program development skills helpful.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with staff, volunteers, members, parents, parent advisory board and the general public is essential. Good organizational and written/oral skills necessary.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://myy.org/jobs/
5000 YMCA Drive
Cincinnati OH 45242